Luke McCaffrey as..........

lo country

I'm pretty sure that next year Luke is going to be the guy who comes up when we talk about the next true freshmen phenom QB needing to be the starter.

"Sure, it'd be interesting to see Luke in a game, but I'd really like to see Smothers. The kid is going to be a Heisman candidate as a sophomore and we need to get him on the field now!"

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 2

On 12/30/2019 at 3:07 PM, lo country said:

Watched that game and thought the same thing.  Why not bring the FB back....SF seems to have found a way to him I multiple positions with good results and don't "show their hand" while having him in the formation.

With the depth we have rb and the type of rb that mills is, he can be the FB/dive back guy we need if SF chooses to the I back set. Were in the I so little it'd be a wasted scholarship to have one on the team. Unless were able to get another walk on like Andy 

3 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

With the depth we have rb and the type of rb that mills is, he can be the FB/dive back guy we need if SF chooses to the I back set. Were in the I so little it'd be a wasted scholarship to have one on the team. Unless were able to get another walk on like Andy 

Janovich was also put on scholarship shortly after coming to NU, so he was more of a scholarship recruit than a guy who was a walk-on for a number of years. 

1 hour ago, Gorillahawk said:

I think Mills would be good in that role.  He did that against OSU IIRC.  The good thing is he became (Again IMHO) a more "complete" back down the stretch.  It wouldn't be a "tell" to opposing DC's if he was back there in a 2 back set.  

1 hour ago, Toe said:

Luke McCaffrey as.... a future All-Pro at two positions? His brother just got that honor, anyway.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28416013/panthers-star-christian-mccaffrey-named-all-pro-2-positions

Christian has quietly out together a great career here for the Panthers.  What he just accomplished with the rushing/receving was no easy feat.  I will admit when he got drafted here, I was unsure if he would be that successful. Dude has flat out put in work.....

McCaffrey could end up our starting QB. The idea that we're gonna start a guy as a freshman and just stick with him for four years no matter how bad he stinks it up is ridiculous. But McCaffrey has to show he can do more than QB keepers and the occasional trick pass, and I'm sure he will do that if given the opportunity next season.