Husker Season Tickets How-To?

Atbone95

Not sure where else to put this, mods can move if need be. 

The time has come and I am ready to get myself some season tickets. The only problem is the ticket office, in my experience, has been incredibly unhelpful in how the whole process works when I have called and asked questions. You'd think they'd be more helpful when I want to give them money...

I have signed up and I'm "on the list" according to my confirmation email. But I know donation levels factor in heavily (and I haven't donated anything yet...), and I can't find resources for how that all works. Do I donate now and just assume I go up the list? If so, where do I go to donate? Do I wait until they see if there will be tickets for me, and then they tell me how much I'll need to donate to be eligible? 

I've found these links but they don't go into much detail - how do I check my points? A lot of the links from the Huskers website end in a 404:

https://huskersathleticfund.com/assets/img/pdf/2019-Nebraska-Athletic-Development-Contribution-Guide.pdf

https://huskers.com/news/2009/8/14/204774861.aspx

The way that it works for current fb season ticket holder is you get an invoice for your donation in December, invoice for your ticket renewal in January, then everything is due April 1 (I believe).  Then in May we go through the "seat yourself" online process via your rank in priority points where you can change your seats (and donation level if you choose better seats).  Then after that there has been a push via the AD the last couple years letting people know that there are still season tickets available.

Do you know what you are willing to donate?  Here is the donation level map from 2018 (guessing it is still pretty much the same now).  What I am guessing would happen is that you can donate $X now, and get your Y priority points.  Then you will get slotted into the "seat yourself" process at basically the end of the line based on your points and you will get to choose your tickets (assuming there are ones available at that donation level) in June or so.

If you want to talk to someone live about it, I would think that the best place to go would be the development office (not the ticket office) and they would know more about the donation details and how that relates to getting tickets.  I would give them a call and see if they can help you with your questions.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Atbone95 said:

That's all great advice, thanks!! 

I was looking at ideally the new East expansion (602-612), so it looks like the map says $250/seat. What is the value of the ticket after the donation? Trying to ballpark how much I'll spend total. 

As someone who has tickets in the expansion the closer to mid field the donation goes up. I think it is 500 a seat for the middle three sections. 

7 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Not sure where else to put this, mods can move if need be. 

The time has come and I am ready to get myself some season tickets. The only problem is the ticket office, in my experience, has been incredibly unhelpful in how the whole process works when I have called and asked questions. You'd think they'd be more helpful when I want to give them money...

I have signed up and I'm "on the list" according to my confirmation email. But I know donation levels factor in heavily (and I haven't donated anything yet...), and I can't find resources for how that all works. Do I donate now and just assume I go up the list? If so, where do I go to donate? Do I wait until they see if there will be tickets for me, and then they tell me how much I'll need to donate to be eligible? 

I've found these links but they don't go into much detail - how do I check my points? A lot of the links from the Huskers website end in a 404:

https://huskersathleticfund.com/assets/img/pdf/2019-Nebraska-Athletic-Development-Contribution-Guide.pdf

https://huskers.com/news/2009/8/14/204774861.aspx

As long as you're "on the list" you should be good to go. 

I got my tickets before they started doing the Seat Yourself process so I'm not entirely sure how it works now.  But from what I understand, you should get an email when the Seat Yourself process starts (May 1).  You'll have a way to get into the system and see what seats are available.  Each seat will show what the required donation is.  Once you select what seats you want, you'll pay for them at that point.

The tickets themselves are $60 per game ($420 for the year) plus the donation.  So that plus the seat map should give you a pretty good idea on budget.

7 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Bonus points if you know how this all works for basketball. Are your points account based or are they sport based..? Do they ask you which sport you're donating to when you're giving?

Basketball works the same way.  You have one account that is used for all sports.  But the seat donations are for each seat regardless of how many seats or how many sports.  You'll go through the same process to get basketball tickets.

16 hours ago, hskerholic said:

As someone who has tickets in the expansion the closer to mid field the donation goes up. I think it is 500 a seat for the middle three sections. 

I have heard those seats have a great view and easy bathroom/concession access, but I have also heard (secondhand) some bad things.  On the hot, sunny, September games they are unbearable, and conversely on cold, windy late season games you freeze.

I had two tickets from the south stadium expansion.  I had to “donate” $500 per ticket just to be able to pay for the actual tickets.   As I recall, the donations were made to the Alumni Association” but collected by the Athletic Dept.  Don’t know what the new system is now.  I would guess that you get no tickets without the donations.  

On 12/31/2019 at 8:10 AM, Red Five said:

I have heard those seats have a great view and easy bathroom/concession access, but I have also heard (secondhand) some bad things.  On the hot, sunny, September games they are unbearable, and conversely on cold, windy late season games you freeze.

My son and I sat in the east expansion for the Iowa game. Loved the seats.

Haven’t been too cold up there but I work outside all year. The sun can beat down on you but it helps when it is a little cooler. I wouldn’t change me seats. You have more room and great views. 

the seating arrangement goes rows 1-3 then the walk way with the big cement wall ledge then 4 and up. We have row 4 and love it if you have any questions don’t be afraid to ask. 

I'd imagine they're better than the seats we have in north stadium, where we're crammed in like sardines and low enough that a lot of the breeze doesn't hit you. Those August/September games are just about unbearable.