Mark Helfrich, former Oregon HC and OC, now former Bears OC

20 minutes ago, The Maudfather said:

Having Helfrich on staff in some capacity =/= going for 2 after every score. 

We better not become that team. 

Hmmm, opinions differ.  I wish we had been “that” team this past season. Of course not if/when we ever show an aptitude for kicking the ball between the uprights.

53 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Ed Oregeron is a madman and recruiting is his favorite thing. Plus one for anyone that keeps up with him. Also hoping for Joseph. 

Yep, I hope Coach O gets his title tonight, he got shortchanged with USC IMO.  It worked out well for him in the end, you can see how emotional the Larose, LA native gets when talking about accomplishments at LSU.  Pepperidge Farm remembers when the Nebraska rumor mill had gone wild that he was a candidate for the Nebraska DL job until Coach Riley "aw shucks'd" the talk away a few years back.  

1 hour ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Yep, I hope Coach O gets his title tonight, he got shortchanged with USC IMO.  It worked out well for him in the end, you can see how emotional the Larose, LA native gets when talking about accomplishments at LSU.  Pepperidge Farm remembers when the Nebraska rumor mill had gone wild that he was a candidate for the Nebraska DL job until Coach Riley "aw shucks'd" the talk away a few years back.  

He was in Lincoln often at the time. If Moos was around, you like to think he would have found a spot for him. 

2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

It will be Bill Busch. He wanted to come back to ne.

I understand Busch may want to come back to Nebraska, but what is he coaching at NU? NU doesn’t have a current opening on defense (assuming Dawson is coming back to coach OLB) and the only speculation is on Walters and Beckton (both offense coaches) moving on. 

10 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I understand Busch may want to come back to Nebraska, but what is he coaching at NU? NU doesn’t have a current opening on defense (assuming Dawson is coming back to coach OLB) and the only speculation is on Walters and Beckton (both offense coaches) moving on. 

Is Dawson coming back?  Im hearing that there is good chance he is staying in ny.

6 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

The fact that he is not here yet tells me he is waiting to see about staying in ny.  I think nu is his second choice. 

Waiting to announce a bunch of hires in coordination with each other. Potentially some that may have been coaching in this game.