Mark Helfrich, former Oregon HC and OC, now former Bears OC

11 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Held might be given title of running game coordinator, but the LJS released terms of Held's new contract (and raise) and Held's new salary is a bump to $400K, which is well below what typical OC's make.

I think one way Frost was able to lure Joseph away from LSU was to name him OC, which would be a nice pay raise and additional title.

I have another theory where we simply replace DeWitt with Dawson and the rest is all smoke and mirrors....how much would that suck lol 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I have another theory where we simply replace DeWitt with Dawson and the rest is all smoke and mirrors....how much would that suck lol 

That's very possible.  I am not as low on Walters as other posters on here, but I have heard from multiple people that he is already gone from the program, and Joseph is coming in.  I know Frost does a good job of keeping things tight-lipped, but there is a lot of smoke out there.

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I still don't see Joseph leaving his home (and super talent rich area) to come back unless its a HUGE raise.  He made $310k this past season.  Are we going to have to double that?

Pretty easy to do when you give him OC title and WR coach, would be easy to double his salary. I'm more hopeful we bring in both Joseph and Busch from the LSU staff lol 

47 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Sounds like this is most plausible, as it somewhat sounds like things didn’t happen the way everyone thought that they would. Weird situation

13 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I still don't see Joseph leaving his home (and super talent rich area) to come back unless its a HUGE raise.  He made $310k this past season.  Are we going to have to double that?

Troy Walters made $700K for NU in 2019, which ranked 57th among all D1 assistant coaches.  I think Joseph would be able to command $600-750K in the market as OC.  Yes, he hasn't been an OC before, but he is known as a great recruiter, and working with Joe Brady this past year definitely helps his marketability.

20 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Pretty easy to do when you give him OC title and WR coach, would be easy to double his salary. I'm more hopeful we bring in both Joseph and Busch from the LSU staff lol 

2 guys with Nebraska backgrounds. If we could steal 2 coaches from the national champs i would consider that a win.

1 minute ago, Sker4Ever said:

From what I gather, Walters wanted to get another job and interviewed for a few but no one would hire him so it's almost like we are stuck with him. 

Is this just coming from this thread?  If so....ummmm...I would hold off on making any judgements as to what exactly is going on based on this thread.