Jump to content
alexhortdog95

Mark Helfrich, former Oregon HC and OC, now former Bears OC

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Mary Pats BOB said:

Callahan don’t know crap. The ball is in Joseph’s court as of now. I don’t always know what’s going on but an offer has been made. Mickey loves Lincoln but he’s already home geographically 

He is staying at LSU

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mary Pats BOB said:

He is staying at LSU

Is this fact or speculation? Just asking. I personally have thought all along he would stay,  so I am agreeing with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, HANC said:

Is this fact or speculation? Just asking. I personally have thought all along he would stay,  so I am agreeing with you.

We reached out, he said no thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

We reached out, he said no thanks 

Makes sense he would want to stay at LSU. No brainer imo.  

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

If we reached out that means we are looking...

I've heard we have an opening on staff still....

  • Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

I've heard we have an opening on staff still....

Right it seems like we would have to have an opening if we are reaching out to coaches to fill said opening. Obviously the talk is Walters  but what happened to the Beckton rumors? Is he staying now? This thing is a real mystery 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Right it seems like we would have to have an opening if we are reaching out to coaches to fill said opening. Obviously the talk is Walters  but what happened to the Beckton rumors? Is he staying now? This thing is a real mystery 

All I have heard the last few days is Walters, that name has been surrounded with smoke the whole time 

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

All I have heard the last few days is Walters, that name has been surrounded with smoke the whole time 

With the recent title change with Austin it seems we are looking for a passing game coordinator if the Walters stuff is really true which it seems like it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 6:53 PM, southernoregonhusker said:

As I've stated before, Helfrich gets a lot of praise for work done by others.  

 

From who? Who are you referring to that is giving him that praise erroneously? 

 

We all know he didn't call plays. Nobody is arguing that he did. That doesn't mean he wasn't a great OC. That's not the only job of an OC. It is a huge managerial position day to day, which is over position coaches, gameplanning, film, practice habits, installing plays, identifying fronts and weaknesses from the press box, and so on.

 

Do you have specific knowledge of how good or bad Helfrich is at all of those things? 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Landlord said:

 

From who? Who are you referring to that is giving him that praise erroneously? 

 

We all know he didn't call plays. Nobody is arguing that he did. That doesn't mean he wasn't a great OC. That's not the only job of an OC. It is a huge managerial position day to day, which is over position coaches, gameplanning, film, practice habits, installing plays, identifying fronts and weaknesses from the press box, and so on.

 

Do you have specific knowledge of how good or bad Helfrich is at all of those things? 

That is THE job of the OC and he didn't do it at Oregon or Chicago.  Chip controlled everything at Oregon and that's why there was such a dramatic downturn when he left.  For the Bears, he was the OC in name but was really the  run game coordinator per the Chicago Tribune.  As I stated before, his "success" at Oregon as the OC was really Chip and his "success" with Tribisky was really Matt Nagy.  

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, southernoregonhusker said:

That is THE job of the OC

 

 

 

Sorry, stopped listening to you there. Why do we have one then?

  • Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

That is THE job of the OC and he didn't do it at Oregon or Chicago.  Chip controlled everything at Oregon and that's why there was such a dramatic downturn when he left.  For the Bears, he was the OC in name but was really the  run game coordinator per the Chicago Tribune.  As I stated before, his "success" at Oregon as the OC was really Chip and his "success" with Tribisky was really Matt Nagy.  

:facepalm:

 

No....A HC that calls plays relies heavily on an OC to do everything Landlord described.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

With the recent title change with Austin it seems we are looking for a passing game coordinator if the Walters stuff is really true which it seems like it is.

Yep, WR coach and pass game coordinator would seem to fit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...