Drones

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

The longer no one claims responsibility, the more panic will set in.  People are going to start shooting into the air with rifles and no telling what Kind of tragedy is going to come with that...

It’s absolutely crazy that law enforcement can’t figure this out. The longer this goes without someone stepping forward, makes it seem like they don’t want to be found out. That will lead to what you’re saying. 

Law enforcement needs to get their own drones and follow them to where they land. 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, funhusker said:

The longer no one claims responsibility, the more panic will set in.  People are going to start shooting into the air with rifles and no telling what Kind of tragedy is going to come with that...

As low as they are flying I'd doubt anyone would use a rifle, that's  what shotguns are for! But ya that's out in good ol' boy country, it wont go on long before someone takes a few down.

5 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

As low as they are flying I'd doubt anyone would use a rifle, that's  what shotguns are for! But ya that's out in good ol' boy country, it wont go on long before someone takes a few down.

not sure how tough those things are....would a 12 gauge with a pheasant load be enough to hurt them at 150 feet up?  

22 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

My son, who saw them last night and has done a lot of hunting, said they were way too high to shoot.

That's at least the ones they saw.

Just now, knapplc said:

Range on a commercial drone is several miles, but that means you have to have someone flying it with POV, right?  I don't think you'd program something like that to fly out of direct sight.

There are drones that the military uses that they fly hundreds of miles away. At this point, we don't know if it's a private industry or the government that is doing this.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

There are drones that the military uses that they fly hundreds of miles away. At this point, we don't know if it's a private industry or the government that is doing this.

Yeah, and those drones have a remote pilot, flying POV. With several drones, that's a decent sized operation.

Gotta be big business, like a mineral company, or something like Google (mapping?), or government-related (like looking for grow sites).

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yeah, and those drones have a remote pilot, flying POV. With several drones, that's a decent sized operation.

Gotta be big business, like a mineral company, or something like Google (mapping?), or government-related (like looking for grow sites).

Which, makes me shocked that nobody has come out and said, "It's us".