Dem Rose Bowl Sunsets

There was an image in last nights Rose Bowl, a mix of green and yellow juxtaposed against a mix of red and white in the stands.  Both fan bases’ respectful colors paled in comparison to the beautiful sunset colors above that was reminiscent of a cotton candy pink, with a little purple mixed in.

This bowl game meant more than both progrums combined, yet both still tried to stake their claim as being the champ in the moment.  Little did most viewers realize, this  moment meant more to Husker nation than both the teams playing in the actual game.

in one corner, we had the the red and white we’ve come to despise the past few years yet deep down respect because they play a style that we once represented.  Sure, we are conference foes, but there’s an adoration that exists within this forum towards good ole Bucky that put up one helluva fight tonight; despite them having our number.  I know deep down quite a few of you squinted like I did and imagined that was our beloved Huskers in red and white asserting our will in the grand daddy of them all. And who could blame us?  Well, thankfully my wife slapped me a good one and made me realize that’s not us at all- I love you Trudy, thank you again for reminding me who I really am. 

*quick tangent*

(you see, Trudy and I met one fine fall Saturday at memorial back in 94 and we haven’t looked back since. Sure, one of us has lost our faith at times but the other has always been there to pick the other one up and remind the other that outside Ohio state, the rest of this conference has done nothing but suck a fat D since we joined. We always tell one another that we’ve seen better days.  Not only that, we are both pragmatic people and realize that while we’ve lived through a dense fog for 2 decades, eventually that bright bright sun of ours will burn through that dense fog and bring back the beautiful scenery Lincoln deserves.  Thank you Trudy for reminding me that the world is for the taking and I shouldn’t stake my self worth based on other progrums)

In the other corner represented the victor and our hope for our reign moving forward. Some may scoff at those ridiculous jerseys, but dem boys from the 503 showed tonight what true football is about. They flummoxed, intimidated and asserted their will against dem boys from Madison to the likes we haven’t seen in Lincoln in quite sometime.  I, like most of the majority here on dis here board, leave this game with a slight stiffy knowing that the man who helped build this squad from the fine state of Oregon is the head honcho patrolling the sideline of  Tom Osborne field to this day.  

Tonight, in the grand daddy of dem all, was a battle of MEN on the lines. When I harken back to our faithful Huskers, I sheepishly admit we have nothin but boys out there the last few years. Well, I for one am sick of trotting our these o and d lines who would barely make a D2 squad proud.

To those who say Scotty 2 Hotty’s play style won’t work in the Big10 I tell you to watch this game.  It’s all about talent at the end of the day and tonight I witnessed a battle in the trenches where perhaps we’d have one guy worth being on their level.  I know with full confidence that Scotty2Hotty is bringing in the hogmollies we need to make this progrum tick and I, for one, couldn’t be prouder.

Have hope my brethren, this is a glimpse of not only the future but also a return to prosperity  that we haven’t seen since the end of the 20th century.  Sure; Oregon won and rightfully so, but when I saw that cotton candy skyline I was reminded of a sweet sweet nectar that is Husker dominance that will reassert itself in 2020. That sky was beautiful, much like our future.

I bid adieu

#GBR

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

I'm thinking we should automatically ban anyone that refers to Scott Frost as "Scotty2Hotty"

I mean, ScoFro was bad enough...but "Scotty2Hotty"? It sounds like a rejected character archetype from "Saved by the Bell". 

j/k ;)

Heh.  Scotty2Hotty. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Sorry, but Scott gets zero credit for this Oregon team.  Cristobal has recruited very well, and brought a toughness never seen in that program.  The credit goes to him and his staff.  Their future looks bright.  And the area code in Eugene is 541.

I agree with you for the most part, but wasn't Frost a key reason that Justin Herbert ended up at Oregon?  Having that stud QB to build around has helped Cristobal.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2016/justin-herbert-2846

Herbert's Rivals page lists Frost as the lead recruiter for Oregon.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Sorry, but Scott gets zero credit for this Oregon team.  Cristobal has recruited very well, and brought a toughness never seen in that program.  The credit goes to him and his staff.  Their future looks bright.  And the area code in Eugene is 541.

That team played incredibly physical (against a very physical team) and with a mean streak.  I was very impressed.  That team looked nothing like a Frost Oregon........They have the "Husker Power" physicality he is seeking......

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree with you for the most part, but wasn't Frost a key reason that Justin Herbert ended up at Oregon?  Having that stud QB to build around has helped Cristobal.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2016/justin-herbert-2846

Herbert's Rivals page lists Frost as the lead recruiter for Oregon.

Would Herbert have had this success at NU?  With Frost?  I don't think so. Credit for getting him to Oregon, sure.  But to his development and success?  That's on the current staff and the talent around him.

6 minutes ago, lo country said:

Would Herbert have had this success at NU?  With Frost?  I don't think so. Credit for getting him to Oregon, sure.  But to his development and success?  That's on the current staff and the talent around him.

I agree that Herbert enjoying his success at Oregon has zero to do with Frost, and that Herbert's successes are due to the staffs at Oregon.

However, the statement was that Frost gets "zero" credit for this year's Oregon team.  Frost was the lead recruiter for Herbert who was a 4-year starter at Oregon.  While it's probably a minimal percentage of Frost's impact on the Oregon team this year, I think it's "more than zero" based on the fact that Frost recruited Herbert to Oregon, and Herbert was a big reason for Oregon's success.

If Frost had named Gebbia the starter over Martinez at NU and succeeded with Gebbia at QB, people would have rightfully commented that Frost was able to enjoy the success of Riley recruiting QB as talented as Gebbia.

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If Frost had named Gebbia the starter over Martinez at NU and succeeded with Gebbia at QB, people would have rightfully commented that Frost was able to enjoy the success of Riley recruiting QB as talented as Gebbia.

Kinda like how Callahan gets credit for recruiting a lot of guys that Bo found success with.

4 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Toughness?

I mean...they crapped the bed vs Auburn.  s#!t themselves vs ASU...

All they had to do was not lose either of those games and they were in the playoff.

Herbert group up 6 blocks from the stadium.  He wasn't going anywhere else.

Oregon is nothing like it was under Kelly and Frost.  Most physical team in the Pac 12 is his goal.  

I would be very happy to see Nebraska look like either of them though.  Time will tell if it can happen.   A long ways to go.

• Plus1 1