For all the kool-aid drinkers, Sip serves up something else

44 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

If they get outgained by 200+ yards again they will lose. It takes a special set of circumstances to win a game like that. Mahomes is a different animal than Lamar. I'll believe the Titans can make the super bowl with subpar quarterbacking when I see it. 

Anything is possible at this point.  In a one game chance to get to the SB, someone could have a bad game.  Someone could get hurt.  The ball bounce the wrong way....etc.  That almost happened to KC this weekend when players kept dropping passes in the first quarter.  If that would have continued for another quarter, they would have been done.  

There have also been teams make it to the SB with subpar QBs...heck, even win it.  It's hard, but it can be done.

That said, if I were a betting man, I'd put my money on KC getting to the SB.  The trick to beating the Titans is to make the play from behind.  If KC gets up a couple TDs, it's probably a done deal.  The Titans couldn't come back like KC did this weekend.

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Anything is possible at this point.  In a one game chance to get to the SB, someone could have a bad game.  Someone could get hurt.  The ball bounce the wrong way....etc.  That almost happened to KC this weekend when players kept dropping passes in the first quarter.  If that would have continued for another quarter, they would have been done.  

There have also been teams make it to the SB with subpar QBs...heck, even win it.  It's hard, but it can be done.

That said, if I were a betting man, I'd put my money on KC getting to the SB.  The trick to beating the Titans is to make the play from behind.  If KC gets up a couple TDs, it's probably a done deal.  The Titans couldn't come back like KC did this weekend.

Oh without a doubt! Titans could certainly win the game. Vrabel is a great coach and Henrey is a beast. That said, Reid is a great coach and Mahomes has generational arm talent. If the Titans can find a way to keep the score down then they have the advantage for sure but if it turns into a shootout no way they can hang. 

2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

If they get outgained by 200+ yards again they will lose. It takes a special set of circumstances to win a game like that. Mahomes is a different animal than Lamar. I'll believe the Titans can make the super bowl with subpar quarterbacking when I see it. 

Remember Trent Dilfer

7 minutes ago, EZ-E said:

This is your answer here? 

You remember how and why we lost to Purdue?

You quote all those fancy plays we ran against OSU and Wisconsin.  Remind me who won these games?  How did they finish us off?  Answer:  power running, grinding out the first downs and the clock.

Since we are going down memory lane, do you remember how the Northwestern could have been won, if we could Have just ground out a first down on third and short.  

That being said, I think Frost at times is a good play caller...at time he is too fancy.

I think what we would all like to see out of Scotty is the ability not to have to get cute in short yardage situations and be able to control a clock. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, SFW said:

You quote all those fancy plays we ran against OSU and Wisconsin.  Remind me who won these games?  How did they finish us off?  Answer:  power running, grinding out the first downs and the clock.

Since we are going down memory lane, do you remember how the Northwestern could have been won, if we could Have just ground out a first down on third and short.  

That being said, I think Frost at times is a good play caller...at time he is too fancy.

I think what we would all like to see out of Scotty is the ability not to have to get cute in short yardage situations and be able to control a clock. 

What is power? You've yet to definite it as the way you've described it essentially makes it intangible. 

2 hours ago, SFW said:

Finesse is having to, or calling a shovel pass from the opponent’s 1 yard line.

Power is getting under center and following the center into the end zone.

This is the most ridiculous definition/answer that could be.

There isn't one coach/OC in the country either pro or any level of college that ONLY follows the center up the gut every time they are within a couple yards of goal line.  That would include Wisconsin, Iowa, Titans, Nebraska in the 80s and 90s....and on and on and on.

It's la la land to think that everything is so horrible if the OC calls anything but under center, following the center into the endzone every time.

Edit to add:  AND....nobody HAD to call a shovel pass.  They did call a shovel pass and it wasn't a bad play call at all.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, SFW said:

I saw where a Pats fan was suggesting that Belichick should be giving Brady more designed QB runs.  It made me think of this thread.  It's not Scott's ability.  It's the OL/RB ability that's in question to pull off plays like you are discussing.  Go back and watch some of those games- we did try to run at times like you are saying but were very inconsistent.  Against Purdue, we ran it 35 times for a whopping 128 yards.  We were/are missing a few of the guys in the trenches to pull off what you are discussing.  Telling to Scott to run it up the gut would likely have worked about as well as asking Brady to run on 3rd and 8.     

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

I saw where a Pats fan was suggesting that Belichick should be giving Brady more designed QB runs.  It made me think of this thread.  It's not Scott's ability.  It's the OL/RB ability that's in question to pull off plays like you are discussing.  Go back and watch some of those games- we did try to run at times like you are saying but were very inconsistent.  Against Purdue, we ran it 35 times for a whopping 128 yards.  We were/are missing a few of the guys in the trenches to pull off what you are discussing.  Telling to Scott to run it up the gut would likely have worked about as well as asking Brady to run on 3rd and 8.     

Sad but true...still I think we could have pushed Purdue out of the way for a yard.