For all the kool-aid drinkers, Sip serves up something else

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I’ve always felt a team with a much better than average offense ought to go for two almost routinely.   You only need to get just above 50% of your 2 pt tries to be better off and most good offenses average way above 3 yards per play.   No doubt you don’t go for 2 when 1 assures a winning margin but it is not as much a no brainer to just kick the pat 90% plus of the time.  
The two point try success rate is often cited as well below 50% but this is distorted somewhat by the fact that most of the times it’s done in a do or die circumstances etc.  And making a few can give score separation between teams with otherwise equal possessions etc.  

I remember the last time Oregon was in town... I was sure glad they kept going for 2.  4 of 5 attempts failed and they lost by 3.  2 point conversions are attempted in desperation imo.  If your offense is dominant enough to almost guarantee them, you won't need them.  

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Yep! It's just that simple!  You are so smart.  Why hasn't anyone else thought of that? We can get a Derrick Henry no problem.  Probably three of em. 

We can’t get Derrick Henery or any other good running back cause........we are fancy!  Figure that bro?

• Fire 1