OT Javario Burkes

ETR stated at the bottom of his profile that Cally loves this kid because he has long arms and quick feet. if he can use those quick feet to keep in front on the defender then does it really matter that he runs the 40 in 5.7?

now marcell jones' profile says that he runs the 40 in 4.9, and that is moving for a guy that is 6'7" 320 lbs. i think that would be a hell of a pulling guard IMO

ETR stated at the bottom of his profile that Cally loves this kid because he has long arms and quick feet. if he can use those quick feet to keep in front on the defender then does it really matter that he runs the 40 in 5.7?

now marcell jones' profile says that he runs the 40 in 4.9, and that is moving for a guy that is 6'7" 320 lbs. i think that would be a hell of a pulling guard IMO

I agree on the quick feet comment. Also Marcell WOULD be one helluva a pulling guard giving how fast he is. I think alot of these 40 times are suspect until like you said in another post fall camp..........

Do you want a 6'7" guard? That seems a bit too tall, giving the QB terrible passing lanes.

From comments made by various quarterbacks - Phil Simms is one that comes to mind - the lanes aren't over the lineman - it's the gaps between the linemen. That is, the lanes that they open up by moving their defender to the left or the right. So a 6'7" guard wouldn't necessarily be a problem.

Do you want a 6'7" guard? That seems a bit too tall, giving the QB terrible passing lanes.

From comments made by various quarterbacks - Phil Simms is one that comes to mind - the lanes aren't over the lineman - it's the gaps between the linemen. That is, the lanes that they open up by moving their defender to the left or the right. So a 6'7" guard wouldn't necessarily be a problem.

We currently have a guard that is 6'5" also.