OT Javario Burkes

true, but i don't like guys that go through high school relying on their size......they have a much "bigger mountain" to climb when they come to play college ball...i like the guys that feel the need to learn technique in high school...not that this guy can't be great, but he could already be better.......

hunter

I cant count on one hand how many o lineman have made significant contributions in their first two years on campus.... some play, few are good, still even fewer are all big twelve caliber lineman. You cant teach size, and you cant teach long arms... Very few guys have the kind of frame that can support that amount of weight, and fewer still have a wingspan like that.

true, but i don't like guys that go through high school relying on their size

Zach Potter did.

Right, and after the last two years he is finaly ready to make a push for real playing time.

Potter is a sophmore this year and playing behind Carriker. His injuries last year limited him to special teams in which he blocked 2-3 kicks.

Anyways, I think this kid looks like he will eventually be a stud. I think SiC has it right. Most lineman aren't really good for 2,3 even 4 years. Lineman have the toughest job on the field. They have to know all formations, all plays and know all the blocking schemes. Murtha was a very highly touted recruit because of his potential, but he isn't going to be a big time performer till he learns how to use his athleticism and learns the offense. It takes time and experience. Let's put it this way, if Javario wanted to be a Husker, that'd be fine by me. :thumbs

he probable has 30 lbs of baby fat on him right now. I am sure that Moon Valley High School doesnt have a state of the art weight room. It is a 4A High School about the size of a large Class B or a small Class A in Nebraska

I agree with your points, but at the same time I think most of those allpy to all HS linemen. I think Kennedy and Callahan/Blake would have all of those issues address as he rs his first year. These tall long armed Tackles are what we need to really get the WCO going. I am sure Beck and Witt would love to see him as a Husker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Burkes will be in town for the UT game.

This is his only scheduled visit so far, but says there likely will be other visits.

As was noted above, he loved his unofficial visit in the summer. Couldn't believe the facilities.

Says Coach Busch is his favorite coach to talk with.

We've got a good shot at this kid.

Burkes will be in town for the UT game.

This is his only scheduled visit so far, but says there likely will be other visits.

As was noted above, he loved his unofficial visit in the summer. Couldn't believe the facilities.

Says Coach Busch is his favorite coach to talk with.

We've got a good shot at this kid.

Good news. I have heard tons of good things about this kid. He could be a cornerstone at Tackle in a couple years.

• 3 months later...

what is the story with this one? has he committed to another school? is he still interested in NU?

what are the chances of getting him?

Jeremy Crabtree was saying on 1620 a couple days ago that he thinks Nebraska's chances with Burkes are really good and he wouldn't be surprised if he is our next commit.

I think if we get him and Cornell, the O-Line class will be pretty good. It would be a welcome sight to get them both.