OT Javario Burkes

• 1 month later...

Jaivorio Burkes

OL 6-5 315 Phoenix, Ariz. - Moon Valley HS

“The fans were the most impressive. Nebraska has been sold out for 280 games—80,000 fans at each game. That’s pretty awesome. The crowd was shouting my name as I walked onto the field. Their facilities are top notch and the weight room is brand new. It’s amazing. I can’t even describe it.”

• 4 months later...

Well I guess I can answer my own question:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/preps/arti...7burkes-ON.html

All-AZ pick in classes to qualify at Nebraska

Richard Obert

The Arizona Republic

Jun. 7, 2007 04:01 PM

All-Arizona offensive lineman Jaivorio Burkes recently graduated from Phoenix Moon Valley High, but is taking a summer biology course with hopes of qualifying to play football at Nebraska this season.

Burkes was one of five west Valley players, including Big School Player of the Year Prince Amukamara of Glendale Apollo, who signed last winter with Nebraska.

Burkes, 6-foot-5, 315 pounds, was supposed to be taking summer school at Nebraska starting Monday, but now likely will play in next week's Arizona Coaches Association All-Star football game in Surprise, Rockets coach Roger Britson said.

Burkes received a four-star rating by Scout.com.

"He graduated with a 2.5 (grade point average) and scored 810 on his SAT," Britson said. "He needed 820 to go with the 2.5. He took the test again last week.

"He'll probably take off (to Nebraska) the first week of July. He'll get into a summer program there."