Jovan DeWitt's Replacement

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Sean Callahan got a question about if Dawson can get us to having "good" special teams.

His response?

Getting the 19 guys who redshirted last year and some four-game redshirts this year on the field for special teams is the answer.

I can't find it now but Chinander said basically the same thing around signing day.

Jay Foreman was very critical of the effort shown by the special teams players this past year.  I would like to think that Frost and the staff were seeing the same thing on film and will have new players giving better effort in 2020 and beyond.

EDIT:  A guy could be giving 100% effort, but just doesn't have the necessary speed and athleticism to compete at level necessary for NU.

2 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

1. Help Walters get a new job somewhere else

2. Hire an elite WR coach for cheaper than Walter's is being paid

3. Let Held be co-OC 

Elite wr......like maybe someone we know well???  Keith Williams!!! Should have been a hold over imo anyway.   Held as co-oc makes sense bc it is only a title as we all know who calls plays 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
27 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Keith Williams was meh.  Way over-hyped IMO, and he did nothing on the recruiting side.

He got interest from some good recuits,the problem was those kids saw the writing on the wall for Riley and didn't come here. Show them something to believe in and I'd bet KW would be a good recruiter and coach. Zach Smith at Ohio state was a great recruiter but no one worked out for him on their own time and dime like they do Keith 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

He got interest from some good recuits,the problem was those kids saw the writing on the wall for Riley and didn't come here. Show them something to believe in and I'd bet KW would be a good recruiter and coach. Zach Smith at Ohio state was a great recruiter but no one worked out for him on their own time and dime like they do Keith 

Keith may be a good "instructor" but he spent too much time pimping his own self and thought more about his success than the success of the team.  Let him stick to being a personal WR trainer.

19 hours ago, Toe said:

If Dawson decided we weren't good enough for him once, I'm OK not coming back...

Alternately, any coach who left Nebraska of his own volition between 2000 and 2018 is probably a pretty smart guy and possibly an excellent coach.

We definitely need a dedicated ST coach. ST has been a complete clusterf#ck for far too long.

I coach for a living and follow Williams on social media. He has dudes all over and it time instruction.  If he can coach up those guys, he can do it here.  With those type of athletes in your corner as resume, you can recruit.  As stated,  Riley's situation  didnt help.

• Plus1 1