Jovan DeWitt's Replacement

5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

"Great" is a bit of a stretch here. 

Everyone is entitled their opinion, but if guys like Tryeek Hill credit him for coaching him up, then proceed to recruit teammates (Watkins) to seek help from Williams,who did, then had one of his best seasons....I would classify as really,really good or great.

Has been called best route running coach out there.....many others besides Hill and Watkins..guess he is ok at coaching. 

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, HANC said:

I coach for a living and follow Williams on social media. He has dudes all over and it time instruction.  If he can coach up those guys, he can do it here.  With those type of athletes in your corner as resume, you can recruit.  As stated,  Riley's situation  didnt help.

There are a lot of guys who do individual instruction with NFL and college guys, but it doesn't make them great coaches for college programs.  IMO, Williams is one of those guys.  Let him stick with the individual instruction.

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, HANC said:

Everyone is entitled their opinion, but if guys like Tryeek Hill credit him for coaching him up, then proceed to recruit teammates (Watkins) to seek help from Williams,who did, then had one of his best seasons....I would classify as really,really good or great.

Has been called best route running coach out there.....many others besides Hill and Watkins..guess he is ok at coaching. 

Cool. 1 on 1 training in an individual setting, working on drills. How many 1st team All Conference WRs did he produce in his 3 years? What about 2nd Team? 

• Plus1 3

Do you mean guys whom he was saddled with before he got here or ones he only got to work with for 1 or 2 years at most?   Also, who was throwing him the ball. Guys whom this board completely tossed under bus for not being good passers at best.  Really unfair judgement, but like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, HANC said:

Do you mean guys whom he was saddled with before he got here or ones he only got to work with for 1 or 2 years at most?   Also, who was throwing him the ball. Guys whom this board completely tossed under bus for not being good passers at best.  Really unfair judgement, but like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

Wasnt JD a freshman all American under Williams?

4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

So rumblings around Walters exist. To what extent I'm not certain yet. Matt Lubick is a name to keep an eye on. He has been "consulting" for us supposibly. 

I think Walters was okay. Anyone over DeWitt is an upgrade. But boy if you hire 2 good coaches plus this new recruiting class...that is quite an upgrade 

2 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

Anyone know how much truth there is to these Walters rumors?  If Walters is gone, can receiver recruits get out of their LOI? Or is that only if the head coach leaves?

My question would be were the receivers big fans of Walters or big fans of the offense style. I lean towards the latter

1 minute ago, BigPeterJ said:

Anyone know how much truth there is to these Walters rumors?  If Walters is gone, can receiver recruits get out of their LOI? Or is that only if the head coach leaves?

I feel with Scott already calling the plays..it’ll be pretty quiet. This is all speculation at that.