Jovan DeWitt's Replacement

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Which goal posts would those be?

You asked the all conference players question. It was answered. You then wanted more. He saw you were trying to create a pissing match and he opted out, to which you proceeded to try to goat him back into the pissing match. You're being dumb

7 minutes ago, Swiv3D said:

You asked the all conference players question. It was answered. You then wanted more. He saw you were trying to create a pissing match and he opted out, to which you proceeded to try to goat him back into the pissing match. You're being dumb

I answered that question myself, and refusing to acknowledge the other side of an discussion =/= "opting out". If either one of you would like to continue this in the 'Shed, I'd be more than willing to. If not, let's get back to the discussion at hand. 

4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I answered that question myself, and refusing to acknowledge the other side of an discussion =/= "opting out". If either one of you would like to continue this in the 'Shed, I'd be more than willing to. If not, let's get back to the discussion at hand. 

Why would this need to be taken to the shed?

I'm buying more into the idea that a dedicated ST coach would be the way to go. Divvy up the LB responsibilities between Ruud and Tuioti, and go from there. 

2 minutes ago, Swiv3D said:

Why would this need to be taken to the shed?

Because, as you said, it's evolving into a "pissing match", and those belong in the Shed. 

Just now, Cdog923 said:

I'm buying more into the idea that a dedicated ST coach would be the way to go. Divvy up the LB responsibilities between Ruud and Tuioti, and go from there. 

Because, as you said, it's evolving into a "pissing match", and those belong in the Shed. 

Fair enough

4 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I think Swiv likes to piss in the open

For special teams, you have to have a kicker that can put the ball at least inside the three yardline. Odds are high that this will get sorted out by August, I think.

But your special teams coach has to carefully review film of kickoff coverage. If a guy isn't flying down the field or is consistently out of position you either coach him up or you put a different player in his spot. Careful film review is so important here.

Having a kicker that puts the ball deep down the field is the bigger of the two issues IMO. But the other issue of poor alignment, angles, and overall execution on coverage is so fixable that it's almost painful.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Undone said:

For special teams, you have to have a kicker that can put the ball at least inside the three yardline. Odds are high that this will get sorted out by August, I think.

But your special teams coach has to carefully review film of kickoff coverage. If a guy isn't flying down the field or is consistently out of position you either coach him up or you put a different player in his spot. Careful film review is so important here.

Having a kicker that puts the ball deep down the field is the bigger of the two issues IMO. But the other issue of poor alignment, angles, and overall execution on coverage is so fixable that it's almost painful.

These were really our issues this year

3 hours ago, Treand3 said:

Not getting them has cost us a couple of games imo.

You 'member that one time Kunalic kicked one out of bounds on the last drive of the game? I 'member. (unfortunately)