Lamar Jackson & Darrion Daniels Invited to Senior Bowl

Mavric

3 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Dude relax!  We know how you fell about him.  What did he do to YOU?  Oh, must have loss $250 on a game or 2.

so, should I respond by "dude relax" as well... I was responding to a post ... the way you defend him, I'm starting to think you may have feelings for him... have you felt this way for long...??  The guy is average at best...  period...  get over your bromance..

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

so, should I respond by "dude relax" as well... I was responding to a post ... the way you defend him, I'm starting to think you may have feelings for him... have you felt this way for long...??  The guy is average at best...  period...  get over your bromance..

I think being named second team all big ten and having decent draft stock puts the burden of proof on those calling him average at best. Those things would indicate he's probably better than average.

• Plus1 5
11 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I think being named second team all big ten and having decent draft stock puts the burden of proof on those calling him average at best. Those things would indicate he's probably better than average.

Not sure where you're getting that... Everything I'm reading is a possible 5th round pick..  

15 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Yeah, but you can't use stats. 

You can use stats, you just have to explain why they're meaningful. If you can tell me which of these are 1st round picks and which is Lamar without google or looking at my previous post I'll be impressed - stats don't tell a lot of the story for CBs.

59 tackles (36 solo), 1 TFL/Sack, 0 INT, 13 PBU

34 tackles (28 solo), 1 TFL, 3 INT, 9 PBU

40 tackles (30 solo) 4.5 TFL (1 sack), 3 INT, 12 PBU

9 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

Not sure where you're getting that... Everything I'm reading is a possible 5th round pick..  

I said decent, not great. We're obviously going to disagree. But you don't get drafted without being above average at something, and I think he goes a bit before the 5th anyway. Draft stock is not a perfect measure by any means, Stanley Morgan was a very good college receiver and not a great NFL prospect. But being a legitimate draft prospect is at least an indication of physical talent.

I can't prove to you that he's above average, but I have 2 data points that at least lean that way - a second team all conference selection and decent draft stock. You can scoff at the second team all you want, there are 14 teams in the big ten, so say 28 starting corners (although you could factor in nickel corners if you wanted). So according to the coaches he's either 3rd or 4th out of that group, which is one of the better conferences in the country. Believe what you want, but forgive me for not being persuaded by your eye test.

3 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

You can use stats, you just have to explain why they're meaningful. If you can tell me which of these are 1st round picks and which is Lamar without google or looking at my previous post I'll be impressed - stats don't tell a lot of the story for CBs.

Well now I'm curious. If I get to choose one of these, I will take C, then B, and then A. Now, what did I just draft?

4 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Well now I'm curious. If I get to choose one of these, I will take C, then B, and then A. Now, what did I just draft?

Lamar last year, Jeffrey Okudah last year, then Prince's 2010 Big 12 defensive player of the year campaign. Funny seeing Lamar's 4.5 TFLs given he clearly avoids contact at all costs according to this thread.

• Plus1 1
50 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I said decent, not great. We're obviously going to disagree. But you don't get drafted without being above average at something, and I think he goes a bit before the 5th anyway. Draft stock is not a perfect measure by any means, Stanley Morgan was a very good college receiver and not a great NFL prospect. But being a legitimate draft prospect is at least an indication of physical talent.

I can't prove to you that he's above average, but I have 2 data points that at least lean that way - a second team all conference selection and decent draft stock. You can scoff at the second team all you want, there are 14 teams in the big ten, so say 28 starting corners (although you could factor in nickel corners if you wanted). So according to the coaches he's either 3rd or 4th out of that group, which is one of the better conferences in the country. Believe what you want, but forgive me for not being persuaded by your eye test.

The main reason in my opinion he has any draft stock is because of his size and athletic ability which is drafting more off potential and not because he is a great football player. NFL has made lots of mistakes chasing measureables. See Jamarcus Russell. 

I dont know how you can defend him when he looked lost out there half the time, didn’t go 100% all the time. He in my mind is the typical kid with great size and athletic ability that was highly rated out of high school and is saying the right things at the end of his career and putting in enough effort now so he gets some NFL $$$. Because he never acted like the type of competitive kid I would like to see on the field in his career at Nebraska 

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

Hasn't the only time he's been CB has been at Nebraska? And on top of that his first two years were under Riley's amazingness? I can see why scouts are saying he lacks ball awareness. He's still fairly raw as a corner, but has the size and athleticism they like.

Sounds like an excuse to me. He was a .95 rated safety coming out of high school. Transitioning to CB shouldn’t be that big of a leap compared to a guy like Cam Taylor who played QB in high school and made a name for himself as a true frosh. So Cam Taylor got a lot figured out in 1 offseason but your saying LJ has a good excuse after 4 years? 

• Haha 1
34 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Sounds like an excuse to me. He was a .95 rated safety coming out of high school. Transitioning to CB shouldn’t be that big of a leap compared to a guy like Cam Taylor who played QB in high school and made a name for himself as a true frosh. So Cam Taylor got a lot figured out in 1 offseason but your saying LJ has a good excuse after 4 years? 

He wasn't an All American but he was a solid corner for us in the midst of a myriad of defensive issues, but now he's done. He's going to be a second day draft pick most likely no matter your opinion of his play.  Get over your grudge and move on.  

Best of luck to Lamar.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1