Lamar Jackson & Darrion Daniels Invited to Senior Bowl

Mavric

7 hours ago, lo country said:

IIRC, he was a safety in HS (and QB) and was switched to CB at NU.  Throw in 3 DC's, 2 HC's and at least 2 position coaches....

Ah ok, I didn’t know he also played safety. I knew he was coming in to play DB, but thought he was more QB and then Safety was his secondary position when they needed him out there in a big game. 

Good points about the coaching. That secondary position had been abused especially during the Pelini and I think even the Riley years. So much turnover. 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Old Nebraska Guy said:

So,. How did they do?

Pick One

A.  Wow should have been co-MVP

B.  Noticed them.  Played very well.

C.  Didn't notice them in a sea of good players.

D.  Terrible .

Between B and C I'd say - I noticed them, but I was looking for them so kinda hard not to. Lamar gave up a catch on a slant right away, but otherwise seemed to play pretty well. Did get bailed out on a bad throw when Duvernay got a step on him, but that dude is fast. He did cause a sack once where he took away the QBs primary read and they panicked and ran into the DE. Seemed to be solid all around, but it's hard to tell from the TV angles - could've had great coverage downfield or could've had guys running free and the QBs didn't see.

Darrion had a great play on his first drive, shed his guy and stuffed the RB. After that seemed like he was getting pushed around a little, and they called a sketchy defensive holding on him. I had to stop watching before the end so not sure if either had great/bad plays towards the end, but from what I saw both probably helped their stock some.

On 1/25/2020 at 5:49 PM, lo country said:

IIRC, he was a safety in HS (and QB) and was switched to CB at NU.  Throw in 3 DC's, 2 HC's and at least 2 position coaches....

Yeah, I'd have to look for sure.  But as I recall he had played some safety but had mostly played on offense, at least later in high school.

On 1/27/2020 at 6:28 AM, Husker in WI said:

Between B and C I'd say - I noticed them, but I was looking for them so kinda hard not to. Lamar gave up a catch on a slant right away, but otherwise seemed to play pretty well. Did get bailed out on a bad throw when Duvernay got a step on him, but that dude is fast. He did cause a sack once where he took away the QBs primary read and they panicked and ran into the DE. Seemed to be solid all around, but it's hard to tell from the TV angles - could've had great coverage downfield or could've had guys running free and the QBs didn't see.

Darrion had a great play on his first drive, shed his guy and stuffed the RB. After that seemed like he was getting pushed around a little, and they called a sketchy defensive holding on him. I had to stop watching before the end so not sure if either had great/bad plays towards the end, but from what I saw both probably helped their stock some.

The bolded.....that was my problem with evaluating our offense this year.  Was told from a couple people at games that receivers were open, but that Adrian wasn't seeing them.  On TV you dont see downfield.  

So then when i would blame AM , and others would say receivers weren't open.  I could not argue that point.  I guess the people at the games could have noticed a few exceptions to the rule...but i find it hard to believe receivers were never open.