Current Democratic Odds

11 hours ago, teachercd said:

I will keep these updated as they change.

Biden +165 (This is getting closer to even money)

Sanders +260 (Big move as well)

Warren +520 (Big drop, now a big long shot)

I personally already put money on Biden at +190.

Biden is mentally losing it and the whole skid row po stuff

Bernie had a heart attack and endorsed Hillary

Warren is an ancestral liar and will get esten alive by Trump

4 more years of Orange on the way folks

9 hours ago, Redux said:

Biden is mentally losing it and the whole skid row po stuff

Bernie had a heaet attack and endorsed Hillary

Warren is an ancestral liar and will get esten alive by Trump

4 more years of Orange on the way folks

Yeah but this is just who gets the nomination...and hopefully I get my 39 dollars!

• Haha 1

Don't be surprised if this doesn't go to a brokered convention and Bloomberg pulls it out with his money and influence.  I may be way off base but since no one has really caught fire, I think we will see a bruising primary season.  Or we end up wt a compromise ticket of a progressive and an moderate.    However, if Warren or Bernie were to consolidate their support under one candidate, then I think either one would be the favorite (ie Bernie has another heart issue and has to drop out or if Warren's star keeps falling and she wants the progressive policies to win she could throw her support to Bernie)

1 hour ago, commando said:

there are already calls that the democratic party isn't being fair to all the candidates.   imagine the howls that would go up if obama endorsed someone.   

If someone is loyal to the party and knows the power they yield you dont sway the primary and you go full guns behind the nominee.  

And re: Bernie endorsing Hilary - that too was done once she was the nominee in an effort to ahow unity and his followers that they ahould do right by the party and not waste a vote.

this is nothing new. GOP does the same thing. $hit  W didn't even put his support behind his Brother in the primary. 

4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Don't be surprised if this doesn't go to a brokered convention and Bloomberg pulls it out with his money and influence.  I may be way off base but since no one has really caught fire, I think we will see a bruising primary season.  Or we end up wt a compromise ticket of a progressive and an moderate.    However, if Warren or Bernie were to consolidate their support under one candidate, then I think either one would be the favorite (ie Bernie has another heart issue and has to drop out or if Warren's star keeps falling and she wants the progressive policies to win she could throw her support to Bernie)

Could you imagine the ideological gymnastics that would need to be done to support a Bloomberg/Sanders (or Sanders/Bloomberg) ticket? :D

And I'm okay with Bloomberg getting the nomination. Not the ideal candidate, but he's a successful businessman that's actually put his money where his mouth is and has made things better than they were when he started office. Don't agree with him on everything, but I think if progress is to be made, Bloomberg would be a good first step to wash away the orange taint Trump has left on everything. 

42 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Could you imagine the ideological gymnastics that would need to be done to support a Bloomberg/Sanders (or Sanders/Bloomberg) ticket? :D

And I'm okay with Bloomberg getting the nomination. Not the ideal candidate, but he's a successful businessman that's actually put his money where his mouth is and has made things better than they were when he started office. Don't agree with him on everything, but I think if progress is to be made, Bloomberg would be a good first step to wash away the orange taint Trump has left on everything. 

Yes, need to scrub the orange off of the WHITE House for sure.  I can live wt Bloomberg - an actual billionaire who accomplished something wtout going bankrupt 4 times and not beholding to the Russia Mob.   

I think a Warren/ Klobuchar ticket might be more realistic than Sanders/Bloomberg - I don't think Bloom would want to be 2nd fiddle to anyone.    I think Mayor Pete doesn't make anyone's vp ticket - I think other will consider him too young, not enough experience outside of mayor of a smaller city and not a part of the senate club.  The Dems may do well to get a governor on the ticket as a vp also - esp if the governor is from a state that voted for Trump last time around . 

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, commando said:

there are already calls that the democratic party isn't being fair to all the candidates.   imagine the howls that would go up if obama endorsed someone.   

Well they already buried Tulsi who buried Kamala soooooo

Waiting until there is only one to endorse isn't really an endorsement.  It's dumb.

8 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Bloomberg is a former Republican mayor. No way he wins the Dem nomination.

My guess is that he's setting up to run as a third party to sink Bernie or Warren's chances. (I don't think that will work either as he more likely to get former Republican voters that might have otherwise voted for Trump.)

8 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Stop and frisk nationwide sounds amazing! Same with taxing the poor so they cant buy things that kill them. Ban big gulps! Yes! This is the type of authoritarian we need!