Current Democratic Odds

26 minutes ago, Redux said:

Well they already buried Tulsi who buried Kamala soooooo

Waiting until there is only one to endorse isn't really an endorsement.  It's dumb.

dumber than endorsing 1 candidate at this point.....then having to endorse a different candidate if his chosen 1 loses the primary?  seems to me that would take away a lot of the power of an endorsement in the general if that happened.

Bernie first place in Iowa, New Hampshire, California, Colorado and New Mexico. 2nd in South Carolina And Nevada and surging in super tuesday states within the margin of error of Biden. He will also most likely win in the rust belt. Get your popcorn ready folks we might have FDR 2.0 in the white house a year from now. 

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, commando said:

dumber than endorsing 1 candidate at this point.....then having to endorse a different candidate if his chosen 1 loses the primary?  seems to me that would take away a lot of the power of an endorsement in the general if that happened.

Maybe we should just ignore endorsements and vote for whomever we like the best?

I dunno, I'm just spitballing here :lol:

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Maybe we should just ignore endorsements and vote for whomever we like the best?

I dunno, I'm just spitballing here :lol:

Ha...this is so true!

Like, if Jimmy Carter or the ghost Bush endorse someone there is no way I am thinking "Wow, they really changed my mind"

11 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Bloomberg is a former Republican mayor. No way he wins the Dem nomination.

My guess is that he's setting up to run as a third party to sink Bernie or Warren's chances. (I don't think that will work either as he more likely to get former Republican voters that might have otherwise voted for Trump.)

Was thinking this as well...including the part where he'll draw more Republican votes to his campaign. 

11 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Stop and frisk nationwide sounds amazing! Same with taxing the poor so they cant buy things that kill them. Ban big gulps! Yes! This is the type of authoritarian we need!

I realize you're just being hyperbolic, but I did say I didn't agree with Bloomberg on everything. 

And considering that sugar is the main culprit in our nation's obesity epidemic and how food industries have paid/threatened to keep studies saying as such out of the public's eye...taxing sugary drinks and treats would help in the same way taxing the hell out of cigarettes has helped lower lung cancer rates to their lowest levels yet. 

10 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Was thinking this as well...including the part where he'll draw more Republican votes to his campaign. 

I realize you're just being hyperbolic, but I did say I didn't agree with Bloomberg on everything. 

And considering that sugar is the main culprit in our nation's obesity epidemic and how food industries have paid/threatened to keep studies saying as such out of the public's eye...taxing sugary drinks and treats would help in the same way taxing the hell out of cigarettes has helped lower lung cancer rates to their lowest levels yet. 

He didnt say to tax sugary drinks. He literally said tax poor people more so they cant afford to buy things that will kill them. And he banned big gulps. 

I mean we are so desperate to get rid of Trump that people look at an authoritarian like Bloomberg and thats exactly what he is if you look up what he did as NYC mayor and think he would be much better!

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

He didnt say to tax sugary drinks.

Jesus T***yf*****g Christ, Yes he f***ing did. :facepalm:

Know what you're talking about next time before you spout off.

Bloomberg has been pushing for a sugary drink tax, as it's helped reduce consumption, and studies are underway to see if the reduction in consumption equals a reduction in obesity and Type 2 Diabetes rates, not unlike how high cigarette taxes have helped lower lung cancer to its lowest levels ever. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Bernie first place in Iowa, New Hampshire, California, Colorado and New Mexico. 2nd in South Carolina And Nevada and surging in super tuesday states within the margin of error of Biden. He will also most likely win in the rust belt. Get your popcorn ready folks we might have FDR 2.0 in the white house a year from now. 

Bernie is also owning social media right now especially compared to Biden.

• 1 month later...

I'll probably be voting Sanders in the primary barring a last minute change of heart. His consistency and honesty is what draws me to him the most. It's also interesting to hear my family members who are Trump voters  talk about Bernie (never aggressive convos, I honestly like to hear their opinions). The hate and venom that I hear when they talk about Biden and Hilary disappears. Not that they would ever vote for Bernie, but you can tell there is some respect for him and what he is attempting to do for the working man. My uncle who hates the left, I almost got a "I'd rather have Trump, but I could live with Bernie vibe" - I wonder if a Bernie vs. Trump election would end up with people like my uncle not motivated to go to the polls, because there is no Hilary or Biden type evil to defeat, in their eyes.

• Plus1 2
26 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I'll probably be voting Sanders in the primary barring a last minute change of heart. His consistency and honesty is what draws me to him the most. It's also interesting to hear my family members who are Trump voters  talk about Bernie (never aggressive convos, I honestly like to hear their opinions). The hate and venom that I hear when they talk about Biden and Hilary disappears. Not that they would ever vote for Bernie, but you can tell there is some respect for him and what he is attempting to do for the working man. My uncle who hates the left, I almost got a "I'd rather have Trump, but I could live with Bernie vibe" - I wonder if a Bernie vs. Trump election would end up with people like my uncle not motivated to go to the polls, because there is no Hilary or Biden type evil to defeat, in their eyes.

I get the same vibe when Trump talks about him. Like a strange respect for him. He is vicious towards others but with Bernie he calls him crazy but then says something along the lines of but he may be right about a lot of what he says. Its weird. 

• Plus1 2
54 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

A lot of people just really hate politics in general and want to take a wrecking ball to D.C. Trump and Bernie draw from the same anti-establishment well.

Someone recently described it well. Most Dems think the Republicans are terrible and they are mostly good. Bernie think the Republicans are terrible and the Dems suck.

Thus there is a group of people who think "I'm don't love Bernie but at least he's not a f#cking Democrat."  That's a powerful thing.