Current Democratic Odds

17 hours ago, commando said:

which russian backed candidate are we voting for?    

JFK?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/4851449/trump-jr-russian-kennedy-history/%3Famp=true

wait wrong election...

Obama?

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2012/09/26/why-putin-wants-obama-to-win-a18095

Nope, wrong again. Damn. I guess I just cant keep up with the red scare anymore since every election it is the same...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, commando said:

isn't that the way the in game betting lines go?   whoever has had the latest good thing happen is suddenly the betting favorite.

Yeah, for the most part.  Unless a big underdog is leading.

This is similar, maybe a little different because people "all of a sudden" dropped out AND endorsed the dude that was getting his a$$ kicked.

18 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, for the most part.  Unless a big underdog is leading.

This is similar, maybe a little different because people "all of a sudden" dropped out AND endorsed the dude that was getting his a$$ kicked.

These are complex campaigns.  They have much more information to go off of rather than counted primary votes.  Buttegieg and Klobachar probably had numbers showing they couldn't beet Biden in many states.  Call it "calculated" (it was), but they knew the only chance to make sure someone close to their political beliefs beat Bernie was to drop out and endorse that candidate.

I don't see why people can't see it for what it is...

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, funhusker said:

These are complex campaigns.  They have much more information to go off of rather than counted primary votes.  Buttegieg and Klobachar probably had numbers showing they couldn't beet Biden in many states.  Call it "calculated" (it was), but they knew the only chance to make sure someone close to their political beliefs beat Bernie was to drop out and endorse that candidate.

I don't see why people can't see it for what it is...

We are, well, most are.

Look, saying it is sketchy doesn't mean it is evil...it just means that it is sketchy.  They know they can't win but they know they can manipulate things.  They don't want Sanders.  

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

We are, well, most are.

Look, saying it is sketchy doesn't mean it is evil...it just means that it is sketchy.  They know they can't win but they know they can manipulate things.  They don't want Sanders.  

It's not sketchy or manipulative.  It's literally how elections work.  A person runs to implement his/her ideas.  If they can't win, they support a person who they feel would best represent them.  The same thing we all do as voters.

Is it manipulative for Barrack Obama throwing his support behind the Dem candidate (whomever it may be) instead of giving it to Trump?

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

It's not sketchy or manipulative.  It's literally how elections work.  A person runs to implement his/her ideas.  If they can't win, they support a person who they feel would best represent them.  The same thing we all do as voters.

Is it manipulative for Barrack Obama throwing his support behind the Dem candidate (whomever it may be) instead of giving it to Trump?

Wait...you don't think getting endorsements manipulates the possible outcome? 

We are on a different page.  I do think that.