Jump to content
Mavric

Spring Practice Notes

Recommended Posts

Sounds like Thompkins is not likely to be much of a participant.  Still recovering from injury.

 

Also, Noa Pola-Gates will likely be pretty limited as well (recovering from injury).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Sounds like Thompkins is not likely to be much of a participant.  Still recovering from injury.

 

Also, Noa Pola-Gates will likely be pretty limited as well (recovering from injury).

Thompkins is going to have a tough time ever getting healthy 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

I hope Pola-Gates can get to 100% that would be a big loss.

Shoulder or knee?  I can't remember.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Thompkins can get and stay healthy he is no worse than the second best back on campus

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, EZ-E said:

If Thompkins can get and stay healthy he is no worse than the second best back on campus

I've been tooting the Thompkins horn for awhile but that first part seems to be a major if 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, EZ-E said:

If Thompkins can get and stay healthy he is no worse than the second best back on campus

At this point, I'm not counting on Thompkins to contribute until I actually see him on the field.  And...that's unfortunate.  

 

I would not be surprised if he would become one of those players that keeps their scholarship to finish school but aren't part of the team (85 limit) anymore.

 

I hope I'm wrong.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

At this point, I'm not counting on Thompkins to contribute until I actually see him on the field.  And...that's unfortunate.  

 

I would not be surprised if he would become one of those players that keeps their scholarship to finish school but aren't part of the team (85 limit) anymore.

 

I hope I'm wrong.

Pretty sure that rule is only for first year coaches 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Pretty sure that rule is only for first year coaches 

 

Really?  I thought it had been used in the past for a player that had been injured and wasn't going to contribute anymore.

 

I obviously could be wrong.  I'm going off of memory and couldn't give you a name if you asked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

 

Really?  I thought it had been used in the past for a player that had been injured and wasn't going to contribute anymore.

 

I obviously could be wrong.  I'm going off of memory and couldn't give you a name if you asked.

 

I think you're right. There is that first year coach rule, but I believe there is also some sort of medical retirement deal if you can't participate in camp or something Tre Bryant took that one and it wasn't just because of Frost's first year I don't think.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

 

I think you're right. There is that first year coach rule, but I believe there is also some sort of medical retirement deal if you can't participate in camp or something Tre Bryant took that one and it wasn't just because of Frost's first year I don't think.

Correct. Medical exemption is not limited to first year coaches. If a player suffers a career ending injury, they can still receive financial aid without counting towards scholarship limits.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Really?  I thought it had been used in the past for a player that had been injured and wasn't going to contribute anymore.

 

I obviously could be wrong.  I'm going off of memory and couldn't give you a name if you asked.

 

23 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I think you're right. There is that first year coach rule, but I believe there is also some sort of medical retirement deal if you can't participate in camp or something Tre Bryant took that one and it wasn't just because of Frost's first year I don't think.

 

Kids can take a medical hardship at any point.  Keep their scholarship but don't count against the 85.

 

There is apparently a special exemption during a coaching change where a kid just doesn't fit what the new coaches want and they can do the same thing without having to have some extenuating medical condition.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...