Roster flipping

I think it made sense that Vedral transferred when he did - nothing negative on Frost or the Huskers.  I did take it for granted that he would likely be the number one QB there going into fall since I thought his main competition would be Johnny Lanagan (50.3% comp 4/9 td to int ratio) but in reality it looks like it may be Peyton Powell, the transfer out of Baylor.  If he is eligible, he has a real shot to win the job.  The kid was recruited hard by big programs, including Ohio State, and is a 4 star guy with 4 years of eligibility remaining.  The only other guy in the room, Art Sitkowski, passed the ball well in his two games last year (44/68) but he isn't the mobile guy they are looking for.  Hope Vedral wins it but it's no guarantee.

• Plus1 2

38 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I think it made sense that Vedral transferred when he did - nothing negative on Frost or the Huskers.  I did take it for granted that he would likely be the number one QB there going into fall since I thought his main competition would be Johnny Lanagan (50.3% comp 4/9 td to int ratio) but in reality it looks like it may be Peyton Powell, the transfer out of Baylor.  If he is eligible, he has a real shot to win the job.  The kid was recruited hard by big programs, including Ohio State, and is a 4 star guy with 4 years of eligibility remaining.  The only other guy in the room, Art Sitkowski, passed the ball well in his two games last year (44/68) but he isn't the mobile guy they are looking for.  Hope Vedral wins it but it's no guarantee.

Appreciate the heads up, I had completely forgotten about Powell.

1 minute ago, Decked said:

It may be full of bodies but it’s not exactly full of quality talent 

If he manages to get any sort of serious playing time, I'll be gobsmacked. 

Good for the kid, though; I hope whatever solution for crowds this season means his parents will get to see him play in his hometown. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, Cdog923 said:

If he manages to get any sort of serious playing time, I'll be gobsmacked. 

Good for the kid, though; I hope whatever solution for crowds this season means his parents will get to see him play in his hometown. 

Likely a special teams player. 

• Fire 1
On 5/30/2020 at 9:24 PM, Toe said:

Bubak is buback! :thumbs

Might as well link his old recruiting profile here, from back when Bo offered him:

It’s crazy to believe that guys Bo offered are still eligible to play college ball. It seems like it’s been forever ago since Bo was let go and Riley was brought in. Shows even more why our program was in shambles. It’s hard to be a winner when there’s no stability at the head coach position 

• Plus1 3