Jump to content
lo country

Roster flipping

Recommended Posts

I think it made sense that Vedral transferred when he did - nothing negative on Frost or the Huskers.  I did take it for granted that he would likely be the number one QB there going into fall since I thought his main competition would be Johnny Lanagan (50.3% comp 4/9 td to int ratio) but in reality it looks like it may be Peyton Powell, the transfer out of Baylor.  If he is eligible, he has a real shot to win the job.  The kid was recruited hard by big programs, including Ohio State, and is a 4 star guy with 4 years of eligibility remaining.  The only other guy in the room, Art Sitkowski, passed the ball well in his two games last year (44/68) but he isn't the mobile guy they are looking for.  Hope Vedral wins it but it's no guarantee.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post

53 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Oh man, when did Chaz transfer to USD?  That guy knew how to party!

 

Can't believe he turned down that party scholarship to Blue Mountain State!

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I think it made sense that Vedral transferred when he did - nothing negative on Frost or the Huskers.  I did take it for granted that he would likely be the number one QB there going into fall since I thought his main competition would be Johnny Lanagan (50.3% comp 4/9 td to int ratio) but in reality it looks like it may be Peyton Powell, the transfer out of Baylor.  If he is eligible, he has a real shot to win the job.  The kid was recruited hard by big programs, including Ohio State, and is a 4 star guy with 4 years of eligibility remaining.  The only other guy in the room, Art Sitkowski, passed the ball well in his two games last year (44/68) but he isn't the mobile guy they are looking for.  Hope Vedral wins it but it's no guarantee.

 

Appreciate the heads up, I had completely forgotten about Powell.

Share this post


Link to post

Jared Bubak (who was at ASU) will come back home to walk-on. 

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Decked said:

Jared Bubak (who was at ASU) will come back home to walk-on. 

 

TE room is pretty full. Maybe he can contribute on special teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Cdog923 said:

 

TE room is pretty full. Maybe he can contribute on special teams. 

It may be full of bodies but it’s not exactly full of quality talent 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Decked said:

It may be full of bodies but it’s not exactly full of quality talent 

 

If he manages to get any sort of serious playing time, I'll be gobsmacked. 

 

Good for the kid, though; I hope whatever solution for crowds this season means his parents will get to see him play in his hometown. 

  • Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Cdog923 said:

 

If he manages to get any sort of serious playing time, I'll be gobsmacked. 

 

Good for the kid, though; I hope whatever solution for crowds this season means his parents will get to see him play in his hometown. 

Likely a special teams player. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Bubak is buback! :thumbs

 

Might as well link his old recruiting profile here, from back when Bo offered him:

 

 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/30/2020 at 9:24 PM, Toe said:

Bubak is buback! :thumbs

 

Might as well link his old recruiting profile here, from back when Bo offered him:

 

 

It’s crazy to believe that guys Bo offered are still eligible to play college ball. It seems like it’s been forever ago since Bo was let go and Riley was brought in. Shows even more why our program was in shambles. It’s hard to be a winner when there’s no stability at the head coach position 

  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...