Thunderin' Bolts @ Baylor (Feb 14-16)

7 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

Great way to start the season!

Agreed. The only “Debbie Downer” part would be how many runs our starter and relief pitching did give up down the stretch. I’ve already voiced my concerns on this going into the season. 

The bats coming alive was great though. Would love to see this be an all season trend!

2 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Agreed. The only “Debbie Downer” part would be how many runs our starter and relief pitching did give up down the stretch. I’ve already voiced my concerns on this going into the season. 

The bats coming alive was great though. Would love to see this be an all season trend!

We pitched young guys because of the lead.  You also pitch different when you get 11 run cushion.  As far as the bats, Bolt is an offensive coach.  Plus, he has alot veterans.  I'll pass judgment for at least a month.  We practice in a shed.:D

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Hard to judge. A nearly ¾-hour, 11-run 1st inning changed the script on the mound. You don't have to get cute at that point nor use your top relievers. Free passes would have made the comeback easier for Baylor so you play it safe not getting too fancy trying to paint corners etc. There was some slick defense behind the pitchers, too, though. But it's only one (very good) game. I'll save my complaints for year 3 if necessary :o

Edit: SL beat me to it :p

• Plus1 2