Six Huskers in ESPN's Top 150 Players of All Time

Mavric

On 1/11/2020 at 1:48 AM, southernoregonhusker said:

Flutie is #28?  That list is rubbish.  I'd take Tommie over Flutie every single day and twice on Sunday.  Heck, I'd take Brooke over Flutie in Osborne's offense.  

Turner Gill was no slouch ether - while he didn't win the NC (should have 2) he was an amazing driver of NU success and accomplished more than Flute did.  Of course it didn't hurt to have Rozier and Fryer on your side either.  Tagge won 2 NC as QB as well.

• Fire 1

On 1/13/2020 at 7:57 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Fair enough. I think judges -- old or not -- probably feel an obligation to honor the game's history in this sort of thing, especially if they weren't alive to watch the players. Especially if they fell in love with football watching it with their dads.

I will say that when my then 12 year old boy was getting all into Madden NFL, I made him go on YouTube to watch old Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, and d!(k Butkus clips. If you've never done this, I highly recommend it. They just operated on another level, and you can see them still thriving in today's game, although Butkus probably would have been banned for life before his first game was over. My son did not disagree. 

Re: Jim Brown's low Heisman vote. Everyone knew he was a gamechanger, but in 1957 I think there was still enough racism to hold back his plaudits. 

Q:  It's hard to tell if recent history will last the ages, but can you think of an Alabama, Clemson, or Ohio State player of the last decade who should be high on this list? Any of the recent Heisman winners?