Szabo and Abramovich transferring

Really not surprised Abramovich is transferring. There's a huge logjam at DS. With Knuckles and Miller taking most court time, and Densberger coming in to serve, there weren't going to be many rotations for Chen. And that's without Gabel getting healthy. 

A little surprised to see Nesh move on. She's an injury away from serious playing time. This explains why they grabbed Whitney Lauenstein from Waverly.

• Plus1 1

Hate to see Szabo go. Best block on the team, and by all indications, a great teammate. Never developed enough offense to get more playing time.

With Davis and Szabo gone, that leaves two scholarship slots open for 2020, one of which is Kalynn Meyer. Hard to believe but there is a top player in the 2020 class which hasn't committed yet to my knowledge. Sophie Fischer, a 6'5" outside from South Carolina decommitted from North Carolina and I don't believe signed with anyone on November 13th. The schools vying for her are now apparently all B1G. Maryland, Penn State, Minnesota, and the Huskers. Another website said she made an official visit to Nebraska recently. She was South Carolina Gatorade POY as a junior, but I'm not sure if she repeated that title this year (or if they have even announced the winners for 2019).

Tough to lose Miller.  She played in every single set this year and is one heck of a server.  I am guessing she wanted to be more a full time player at libero.  Against our top competition at the end of the season, she was lacking on the defensive side of the game and seemed to be out of position quite a bit.  For either of our liberos, the last 2 at Nebraska were 2 of the best the program has ever had, so they had big shoes to fill.  I wish her the best as she was fun to watch.