What will the game result be?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Northwestern single digit win
    • Northwestern double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/2020 at 10:19 PM

2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

It was a foul, but we should never have been in that position.  I thought cheatam played his worse game of the year and should have been sitting for a while.  There is more to the green story than we know. 

I was watching the Niners/Vikings so I wasn't watching the entire game (decided to avoid if after they were down 13 in the first half), but yeah my comment wasn't excusing the bad performance, just wanted another look at the play.

3. Green's absence shows there's probably more to the story

Jervay Green did not play a single second on Saturday for the second straight game, and now it's becoming pretty clear that his situation goes beyond Nebraska just playing its best lineups.

The junior guard traveled to Northwestern after watching all of the Iowa game from the bench. Hoiberg said after Tuesday's win that Green didn't play because NU wanted to use the rotation that was so effective in previous games vs. Indiana and Purdue when Green was suspended.

Well, Nebraska was pretty bad all day against the Wildcats and Green still never saw the floor.

The Huskers stuck with an eight-man rotation for the second-straight game, so maybe it's a matter of wanted to pair down the lineup going forward. But given how poorly pretty much everyone was shooting on Saturday, it probably wouldn't have hurt much to give Green - who is still averaging 9.2 points per game - a chance to try and provide a spark.

Of course, that's unless there's more to the story as to why Green is not playing.

I agree with Robin 100%.

51 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

3. Green's absence shows there's probably more to the story

Jervay Green did not play a single second on Saturday for the second straight game, and now it's becoming pretty clear that his situation goes beyond Nebraska just playing its best lineups.

The junior guard traveled to Northwestern after watching all of the Iowa game from the bench. Hoiberg said after Tuesday's win that Green didn't play because NU wanted to use the rotation that was so effective in previous games vs. Indiana and Purdue when Green was suspended.

Well, Nebraska was pretty bad all day against the Wildcats and Green still never saw the floor.

The Huskers stuck with an eight-man rotation for the second-straight game, so maybe it's a matter of wanted to pair down the lineup going forward. But given how poorly pretty much everyone was shooting on Saturday, it probably wouldn't have hurt much to give Green - who is still averaging 9.2 points per game - a chance to try and provide a spark.

Of course, that's unless there's more to the story as to why Green is not playing.

I agree with Robin 100%.

My guess, and again this is really just a guess.  Green pissed off Fred but not enough to suspend him...just enough to not play him, if that makes sense.