Huskers Hire New Assistant Volleyball Coach - Tyler Hildebrand

Kristin Hildebrand talks in-depth about why she and Tyler decided to move back to Nebraska.

From her blog:

Fast forward to January 2020 (now) - we’ve been in LA for about a year in a half -Tyler’s loving his job and things are taking off for my design biz. And then all the sudden - out of literally nowhere - Nebraska calls. There’s a job opening on the staff and they want him to come back to the volleyball program. They offer him a job as the Associate Head Coach, which is the first time Nebraska will have ever done that. For those that don’t know, University of Nebraska women’s volleyball program is one of the best in the country, so this was a pretty special (one of the best) job opportunity. After getting the offer came a long couple of weeks hashing out the pros and cons of staying versus going and what would be best thing for our little family.

Tyler will kill me if he finds this out but I don’t care - I am going to share it anyway. When Tyler told me Nebraska was offering him a job - he brought it to me in the most meaningful way. And what I mean by that is this: he expressed that the last 2 times we moved (to Nebraska from LA when I was pregnant, and from Nebraska back to LA when I was a full-time mom) it was all about his job. What he meant by that, he explained, is this: of course we made those decisions as a family in the best interests of us all, but I didn’t have a career to consider, he was the one solely supporting us. This time, he explained, it was different. This time I have a business, and things are going great here in LA! He lovingly acknowledged how hard I have worked to build up my business here in LA, and talked about how proud he was of me and how happy he was for me. He - straight up - told me that if I wasn’t comfortable moving my business to Lincoln, we weren’t even going to consider it. He told me the decision was mine. That my job and my career were equally as important as his. And he meant it all.

It didn’t surprise me that he said all of that, but it made me take a minute and really appreciate him and the foundation we’ve built in our marriage that’s based on being equal partners that love and respect one another. <3

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • 3 years later...