Who do you think will do Special teams coordination?

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What position has he every coached other than special teams?

As bad as our special teams have been (on bad teams to boot), it would be refreshing to see a dedication to trying to win that phase of the game and if Sean is the guy, I am all for it.  Im guessing he and Bill talked football on more than one occasion.....just spit balling that idea.

5 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Who cares his dad is Bill Snyder...Sean was also a solid punter in his college days 

2 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

As bad as our special teams have been (on bad teams to boot), it would be refreshing to see a dedication to trying to win that phase of the game and if Sean is the guy, I am all for it.  Im guessing he and Bill talked football on more than one occasion.....just spit balling that idea.

yeah yeah yea.....OK...

There has been discussion about this being a one year deal and him becoming a full time assistant after this year.  If he's ONLY going to be ST coordinator, that's fine.  Then we would need to consolidate two current jobs into one and eliminate a position.  If he's going to coach something else also, then I'm interested in what else he has experience in.

I'm not a believer that you just plug someone into a position because you want them on your staff even though they haven't done anything to show they can do that job.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

yeah yeah yea.....OK...

There has been discussion about this being a one year deal and him becoming a full time assistant after this year.  If he's ONLY going to be ST coordinator, that's fine.  Then we would need to consolidate two current jobs into one and eliminate a position.  If he's going to coach something else also, then I'm interested in what else he has experience in.

I'm not a believer that you just plug someone into a position because you want them on your staff even though they haven't done anything to show they can do that job.

He would only coach ST and that's all he's ever coached before which is fine with me. Full dedication to that aspect 

They have actually led the FBS the last 20 years:K-State has scored a nation leading 96 non-offensive touchdowns since 1999. It’s not just that K-State has turned specials teams into an identity, they’ve turned it into points which translates, as we all know, to wins.

• Fire 1

image.gif.b498f86f84c0fbcdc66de44f9d4cfe76.gifHave we offered Snyder yet?  Sad to read about Sean's 22 year old Son's suicide last Feb..

While watching Iowa in their bowl game, I was surprised when the commentators put up a chart listing Hayden Fry's assistants on their 1983 team..

Five of the staff would go on to become the winningest head coaches at five different programs: Snyder (Kansas State), Alvarez (Wisconsin), Stoops (Oklahoma), McCarney (Iowa State) and Ferentz (Iowa).

Rankings

1983 Iowa Football coaching staff.image.gif

Name Position Seasons at Iowa Alma mater
Hayden Fry Head coach 5th Baylor (1951)
Bill Brashier Defensive Coordinator 5th North Texas State (1952)
Bill Snyder Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks 5th William Jewell (1963)
Dan McCarney Defensive Line 7th Iowa (1975)
Barry Alvarez Linebackers 5th Nebraska (1969)
Don Patterson Tight Ends 5th Army (1973)
Carl Jackson Running Backs 5th Prairie View A&M (1963)
Kirk Ferentz Offensive Line 3rd Connecticut (1978)
Del Miller Offensive assistant 6th Central (IA) (1972)
Bernie Wyatt Defensive Ends/Recruiting Coordinator 10th Iowa (1962)
Bill Dervrich Strength and Conditioning 4th West Chester State (1975)
Bob Stoops Graduate Assistant 1st Iowa (1983)

https://hawkeyesports.com/news/2018/5/18/football-greatest-coaching-staff-ever.aspx

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, flatwaterfan said:

This was very enlightening.  Thank you.

After reading this and the subsequent posts...To summarize it sound like Snyder would be a coach in waiting similar to what could be proposed for Lubick.   In the short term Snyder run the position group in the film room and do the planning and direct the G.A.   Frost or the G.A would then coordinate in game and in practice.   Eventually Snyder is on the field if Becton leaves in the future.  ST/TE coach is a good combination. 

He interviewed yesterday at Texass to be TE and special teams COACH..Seems like a no brainer if they offer..

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article239351913.html

• Plus1 1