Who do you think will do Special teams coordination?

On 2/15/2020 at 8:35 AM, lo country said:

Something was clearly off with Auburn’s punt coverage unit, and the team addressed that after the Tulane game. Siposs wasn’t matching the height of his punts with the distance, slightly affecting the hangtime of his punts, while the coverage unit missed some key tackles as well. Siposs has since adjusted, and the coverage group also benefited from the return of speedster Anthony Schwartz, who is used as a gunner on punt coverage and has the ability to close out on punts to help prevent returns.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2019/10/assessing-auburns-special-teams-at-midseason.html

On 2/16/2020 at 10:40 PM, HUSKER 37 said:

Special teams

''...one of Nebraska's better coverage guys, Isaiah Stalbird, is going to continue his career at South Dakota State.''  

15 hours ago, HUSKER 37 said:

''...one of Nebraska's better coverage guys, Isaiah Stalbird, is going to continue his career at South Dakota State.''  

I would hope the success, or lack of success, of special teams wouldn't come down to not having Isaiah Stalbird.

FYI - I am not declaring that is your stance. Just stating the obvious.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, WVhuskerXX said:

I would hope the success, or lack of success, of special teams wouldn't come down to not having Isaiah Stalbird.

FYI - I am not declaring that is your stance. Just stating the obvious.

I was just quoting from an article about our special teams that I linked...A walk-on redshirt Freshman from Kearney that led special teams with 12 tackles and blocked a punt..I guess the coaches were pretty high on him and considering putting him on scholarship soon..But you're right. I Wish him well ..With the costs of tuition we'll probably see fewer great walk-on stories.

Not sure if anyone has seen these stats but he has made significant improvements at every stop.

Special team efficiency rating S&P

• 2011 Memphis (pre-Rutledge): 115th
  • 2012 Memphis: 60th
  • 2013 Memphis: t-1st
  • 2013 North Carolina (pre-Rutledge): t-31st
  • 2014 North Carolina: 91st
  • 2015 North Carolina: 8th
  • 2015 Missouri (pre-Rutledge): t-93rd
  • 2016 Missouri: 96th
  • 2017 Missouri: t-5th
  • 2017 Auburn (pre-Rutledge): t-59th
  • 2018 Auburn: 41st
  • 2019 Auburn: t-7th

I think we have a major upgrade and a quiet but great hire.  GBR

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
6 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Not sure if anyone has seen these stats but he has made significant improvements at every stop.

Special team efficiency rating S&P

• 2011 Memphis (pre-Rutledge): 115th
  • 2012 Memphis: 60th
  • 2013 Memphis: t-1st
  • 2013 North Carolina (pre-Rutledge): t-31st
  • 2014 North Carolina: 91st
  • 2015 North Carolina: 8th
  • 2015 Missouri (pre-Rutledge): t-93rd
  • 2016 Missouri: 96th
  • 2017 Missouri: t-5th
  • 2017 Auburn (pre-Rutledge): t-59th
  • 2018 Auburn: 41st
  • 2019 Auburn: t-7th

I think we have a major upgrade and a quiet but great hire.  GBR

Quite a big jump in the second

season.  i hope we dont have to suffer thru another mediocre first season to get to a top tier product.  

12 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

season.  i hope we dont have to suffer thru another mediocre first season to get to a top tier product.  

I hear you - however it shows how things take time and results show up on the field way after the hard work is done.

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

2 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

I hear you - however it shows how things take time and results show up on the field way after the hard work is done.

He obviously knows a thing or two and can guide what needs to happen, I'm excited about that.   Still have to identify who will be the one coaching and making calls in game however as he cannot as an analyst.

I like the hire.  The improvement at every single place he has been is impressive.  As impressive as it gets tbh.

Maybe in a couple years he can be our special teams coach.  He is so young that we don't know how good he is yet, but everyone starts somewhere.  Looking at the little we have to judge him on, it's nothing but impressive.

• Plus1 1