Mickey Jospeh Formally Turns Down Nebraska

Just now, HANC said:

I am speculating that someone working on behalf of the University probably mentioned the possibility of the position to Joseph's agent or close to him in hypothetical scenarios just to gauge interest.  After the movement of LSU staff  and winning NC, Joseph decides to stay put and says no to hypothetical scenario.  He sees opportunity to use this as bargaining chip for raise/or promotion.  Nebraska says they did NOT officially offer. Both sides are probably telling close to truth, but leaving out just enough small details to benefit them.

Just like we only officially offered the HC position to Bill Callahan 

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, HANC said:

I am speculating that someone working on behalf of the University probably mentioned the possibility of the position to Joseph's agent or close to him in hypothetical scenarios just to gauge interest.  After the movement of LSU staff  and winning NC, Joseph decides to stay put and says no to hypothetical scenario.  He sees opportunity to use this as bargaining chip for raise/or promotion.  Nebraska says they did NOT officially offer. Both sides are probably telling close to truth, but leaving out just enough small details to benefit them.

Here's another possibility:  

Mickey Joseph:  "Man, if I made just a little bit more salary I could afford to buy that new fishing boat I've been looking at.  Then I'd take all you guys on an awesome weekend fishing trip on the gulf this spring."

Scott Frost:  "No problem.  I'll get you some more LSU coin."      

2 minutes ago, NUance said:

Here's another possibility:  

Mickey Joseph:  "Man, if I made just a little bit more salary I could afford to buy that new fishing boat I've been looking at.  Then I'd take all you guys on an awesome weekend fishing trip on the gulf this spring."

Scott Frost:  "No problem.  I'll get you some more LSU coin."      

As usual noone on here knows anything.  Let me check my sources and ill get back to you with the truth

1 hour ago, BigPeterJ said:

As usual noone on here knows anything.  Let me check my sources and ill get back to you with the truth

I just got off a long conversation with my best 3 sources.  Word is Walters is out, we have a new OC and wide receivers coach. 

Btw, i feel i need to verify my sources, for some reason i feel that noone will trust me.  I have several, but # 1 is a guy named Jim Beamer, brother of Frank, the man responsible for  "Beamer ball".  Also I have a Native American friend from the Res in Cherry County....we will just call him Redman for now, but he has spiritial insight.  I also spoke with the always trustworthy Mary J. Blige.  Yes she is a singer but what many of you dont know is she also has connections to the football program at NU.  Anyways, Word is Walters is out.  I will get back to you on the replacement.  Peace and Love.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
8 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

I just got off a long conversation with my best 3 sources.  Word is Walters is out, we have a new OC and wide receivers coach. 

Btw, i feel i need to verify my sources, for some reason i feel that noone will trust me.  I have several, but # 1 is a guy named Jim Beamer, brother of Frank, the man responsible for  "Beamer ball".  Also I have a Native American friend from the Res in Cherry County....we will just call him Redman for now, but he has spiritial insight.  I also spoke with the always trustworthy Mary J. Blige.  Yes she is a singer but what many of you dont know is she also has connections to the football program at NU.  Anyways, Word is Walters is out.  I will get back to you on the replacement.  Peace and Love.

Where's that damn eye roll emote when you need it!

And even without confirming your sources, that's a safe assumption. That's why there was all this smoke and mirrors with an offensive analyst/ assistant position opening the past week or two so we can talk with Joseph and Helfrich (and others) about coaching at NU. 

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Where's that damn eye roll emote when you need it!

And even without confirming your sources, that's a safe assumption. That's why there was all this smoke and mirrors with an offensive analyst/ assistant position opening the past week or two so we can talk with Joseph and Helfrich (and others) about coaching at NU. 

I have known about Walters leaving for ages, or so it seems.  But you gotta respect the process, so i layed low...im in a call at the moment ill let yall know when i know.  

5 minutes ago, drfish said:

I just don't understand what would make sense about Mickey Joseph anyway.  Can someone enlighten me.  They ever work together.  Joseph have any knowlege of the system?

Former Husker, strong reputation as a recruiter, ties to the South, success with LSU's receivers, would have provided a different point of view having worked with the new boy-genius Joe Brady.

• Plus1 1
Just now, drfish said:

Eh, maybe.  I still don't think it makes as much sense as the dudes with Oregon ties.

Frost's "system" isn't all that different than a lot of systems out there.  Good coaches can pick up the nuances pretty quickly and be able to coach their position just fine.

I actually liked the thought of Joseph being somewhat of an outsider because he could have brought a different voice and opinion to the coaches room.  Yes, having everyone on the same page is important, but having a room full of "yes men" doesn't always work either.