Troy Walter's out

Lubick checks all the boxes.   We need a WR coach.   We need a passing coordinator since Austin is the new run coordinator.   And it helps that he knows the Frost offense.

He's available.  He has been doing analyst work for us so he is familiar with the issues.

I have seen some suggestions that Held be the passing coordinator and while he could do it I think he has enough on his plate with being the recruiting coordinator?  

Or is recruiting coordinator an empty title when it comes to today's world with the recruiting support staff that we have?

The Keith Williams thing doesn't check the passing coordinator box and he would have to learn the offense.   

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Frost isn't going to be unhappy with Walters looking for other jobs.  Coaches know the deal with each other, and generally don't get upset when people try to advance their careers.

That’s not what I meant. I meant did frost start looking because he was unhappy with how Walters was performing or did he start looking cause Walters was trying hard to move on and found some good options. Then decided just to move on instead of keeping Walters around for another year with a foot out the door and have to deal with that in recruiting etc. 

34 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Brandon Reilly is on twitter suggesting bringing back Keith Williams.  

I have been on the record on this board on support of Williams and others are not.  With that said I would shocked if Williams is even considered.  SF has thrown the previous staff under the bus so many times,  it is obvious that he has as much disappointment as the fan base. I cant see him going back and hiring a member of that regimn, regardless of what the individual may or may not bring to the table. 

8 minutes ago, Farms said:

That’s not what I meant. I meant did frost start looking because he was unhappy with how Walters was performing or did he start looking cause Walters was trying hard to move on and found some good options. Then decided just to move on instead of keeping Walters around for another year with a foot out the door and have to deal with that in recruiting etc. 

Frost likes Lubick a lot.....Walters has underperformed...Frost let him go and hopefully we hear this weekend that Lubick is the guy. Someone who is proven as a WR coach and OC/PGC at the P5 level 

39 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Brandon Reilly is on twitter suggesting bringing back Keith Williams.  

It wouldn't be a bad hire at all for a WR coach. Pro guys love him and work with him in the off-season. He seems to connect well with college/ HS kids too.

I wouldn't be shocked to see us promote Held to OC/ RB coach and then hire a WR coach. 

What sticks out to me is that this was announced without Walters announcing that he's taking another job. I can't imagine that he'd just up and quit without having another job secured, so either this was not an entirely voluntary separation, or he's secretly taken a position that hasn't been announced publicly yet. If it's the latter, I can't imagine it being a college job - the season's over, nobody's hiding anything. Could he be taking an NFL job, and if so, where?