Troy Walter's out

57 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Perhaps I could have phrased it better. He did not seem as focused on retaining Walters in that transition timeframe. If you go back and look at that transition period, Walters was the one that took a while, and I believe Frosts success at UCF was more of what he brought to the table and less about what Walters brought. Given UCF was undefeated and Walters was not selected for a HC job, Frost brought Walters along with the rest of the staff. 

From what I read during that time, it seems Walters was the 2nd choice for head coach at UCF. It took longer with him because he was in the running for that job, and I doubt Frost blamed him at all for wanting it. In fact, Frost probably would have liked that, even if he thought Walters would be good on our staff, because he cared about that program and those players.

I don't disagree with anything else you said. I just don't think Frost didn't want Walters back then.

• Plus1 3