Kudos to SF

HANC

Regardless of how you interpret the moves, SF has parted ways with 2 guys he initially brought with him. In turn, basically saying that his initial plan didn't work as planned. Swallowed pride and pulled trigger.  This is where some past HCs have failed miserably.  I was hoping SF ego wouldn't get in the way, and apparently it hasn't! Good for him. Makes me even more optimistic for the future. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 4

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I think Frost wanted to bring all of the UCF assistants with him to reduce the overall issues with the transition to NU.  Frost had to deal with a transition to a new roster of players, in his eyes, it was easier to do that with a staff full of assistant coaches that he knew and could trust.  Now that Frost has been at the helm for 2 years, he knows the job he has to do better, and he is now willing to change up the coaching staff in an effort to improve.

Spot on imo

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think Frost wanted to bring all of the UCF assistants with him to reduce the overall issues with the transition to NU.  Frost had to deal with a transition to a new roster of players, in his eyes, it was easier to do that with a staff full of assistant coaches that he knew and could trust.  Now that Frost has been at the helm for 2 years, he knows the job he has to do better, and he is now willing to change up the coaching staff in an effort to improve.

This, and that at UCF he didn't have the budget he has at Nebraska.  I respect him for being loyal, but I also respect him for leveraging his resources to do the best job he can do.  

• Plus1 1

I'm so done with Scott Frost. Just added to my list, "Lack of coach loyalty," and "Lack of consistency with assistant coach." The list also includes:

• No fullbacks on the roster
  • Too many sideways passes
  • Not starting McCaffrey
  • Missed on Joe Burreaux

Call me when the new head coach is announced.

(do I need a sarcasm tag?)

• Haha 6
5 minutes ago, Gage County said:

I'm so done with Scott Frost. Just added to my list, "Lack of coach loyalty," and "Lack of consistency with assistant coach." The list also includes:

• No fullbacks on the roster
  • Too many sideways passes
  • Not starting McCaffrey

Call me when the new head coach is announced.

(do I need a sarcasm tag?)

Am I on Twitter right now?