Kudos to SF

HANC

I think it’d be better if there was less gossip and outlandish wild speculation on this board as well as elsewhere.   
These people have families and are deserving of better IMO.  We have not seen any firing by Frost or those above for the coaches on this staff.  If the coaches stay or leave, it seems fair to save the critical remarks etc until after things are publicly declared by approprIate persons.  

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Gage County said:

I'm so done with Scott Frost. Just added to my list, "Lack of coach loyalty," and "Lack of consistency with assistant coach." The list also includes:

• No fullbacks on the roster
  • Too many sideways passes
  • Not starting McCaffrey
  • Missed on Joe Burreaux

Call me when the new head coach is announced.

(do I need a sarcasm tag?)

If purging assistants is a predictor of a fired coach, then in won’t be long. 

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I think it’d be better if there was less gossip and outlandish wild speculation on this board as well as elsewhere.   
These people have families and are deserving of better IMO.  We have not seen any firing by Frost or those above for the coaches on this staff.  If the coaches stay or leave, it seems fair to save the critical remarks etc until after things are publicly declared by approprIate persons.  

It’s a message board. Get over it. 

9 hours ago, HANC said:

Regardless of how you interpret the moves, SF has parted ways with 2 guys he initially brought with him. In turn, basically saying that his initial plan didn't work as planned. Swallowed pride and pulled trigger.  This is where some past HCs have failed miserably.  I was hoping SF ego wouldn't get in the way, and apparently it hasn't! Good for him. Makes me even more optimistic for the future. 

I think he felt he owed his staff the same opportunity he was getting. He publicly stated he didn't like HC's moving-up but telling a chunk of their staff they aren't good enough to move-up as well. I'd say it's a distasteful necessity in order to staff optimally, but that's water under the bridge. Now that guys have had their opportunity he's starting to separate the wheat from the chaff. We made two nice moves to get better this week and we're looking to make a third with the ST's analyst. I like it. 

6 hours ago, Danimal said:

We made two nice moves to get better this week and we're looking to make a third with the ST's analyst. I like it. 

A buddy of mine brought up Beckton last night.  If the smoke around him were true,  that would free up one more FT spot and Snyder could coach TE and be ST coordinator as well.  He interviewed for that same spot at Texas this week.  That would make me feel excited about the staff moving into 2020.   I am not sold on an analyst covering ST in practice but someone else having to make calls on Saturday.  That is a recipe for mistakes in games in my eyes no matter how good the teaching during the week has been.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

A buddy of mine brought up Beckton last night.  If the smoke around him were true,  that would free up one more FT spot and Snyder could coach TE and be ST coordinator as well.  He interviewed for that same spot at Texas this week.  That would make me feel excited about the staff moving into 2020.   I am not sold on an analyst covering ST in practice but someone else having to make calls on Saturday.  That is a recipe for mistakes in games in my eyes no matter how good the teaching during the week has been.

Jay Boulware, OU's RB and ST coach, is expected to get the job at Texas.  This could bode well with us on possibly getting Snyder here.  

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I think I read that in an analyst role, Sean preped all of the schemes and techniques for the other assistants to teach. In game he would take a multitude of notes. If he noticed something that could be big he would pass a note to an assistant and they would make the adjustments. Seems like a solid loophole to help ST.

Edit: Now I can't find this article. Maybe I made this up :dunno

10 hours ago, theknife said:

We fire Frost after going 9-3, interview but decline to give the job to Lubick and hire a newly fired NFL Coach like Adam Gase?

Lol   

but I was joking anyway. This purge is different. I think Mr SmoothMoos figured out how to do these necessary upgrades without tipping off the Twitter Universe. And I think Frost did it right by bringing in guys he trusted in the initial phase of the rebuild. 

Is this more about Walters leaving?

Lubic was not the first choice maybe not even second.

I don’t see how  this changes the offense?

That being said Walters did nothing to impress me.  So this seem like much to do about nothing.  

Hiring Mickey Joseph would have been something.

38 minutes ago, FrostedTips said:

I think I read that in an analyst role, Sean preped all of the schemes and techniques for the other assistants to teach. In game he would take a multitude of notes. If he noticed something that could be big he would pass a note to an assistant and they would make the adjustments. Seems like a solid loophole to help ST.

Edit: Now I can't find this article. Maybe I made this up :dunno

That loophole could help,  but the other assistant still has to understand it, and communicate it effectively/quickly enough to make a difference real time.  If he were on staff he could execute without the middle man. 

2 minutes ago, SFW said:

Is this more about Walters leaving?

Lubic was not the first choice maybe not even second.

I don’t see how  this changes the offense?

That being said Walters did nothing to impress me.  So this seem like much to do about nothing.  

Hiring Mickey Joseph would have been something.

1. No

2. Frost says he was.  I will just have to take your word on it.  
3. Doesn’t change offense but can challenge frost ideas and with ideas that fit into the concepts of this offense.  Will be nice to have a wr coach/pass coordinator focusing on the pass game and austin focusing on the run game.  Frost can be the bridge between the 2 to make decisions to best fit the offense.  
4.  I agree

5. Maybe.  His resume is probably not as impressive as Lubbick.  Not an OC.  Recruits athletes to LSU which has never been an issue.  

• Plus1 2