Kudos to SF

HANC

43 minutes ago, FrostedTips said:

I think I read that in an analyst role, Sean preped all of the schemes and techniques for the other assistants to teach. In game he would take a multitude of notes. If he noticed something that could be big he would pass a note to an assistant and they would make the adjustments. Seems like a solid loophole to help ST.

Edit: Now I can't find this article. Maybe I made this up :dunno

Was it this one?  This is an article talking about the Mizzou defensive analyst and what he can and can't do.  Really informative as I didn't exactly know what the rules were.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/what-s-an-analyst-do-on-a-college-football-staff/article_8641f742-c227-5c57-9d0e-22514a089ad3.html

20 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Was it this one?  This is an article talking about the Mizzou defensive analyst and what he can and can't do.  Really informative as I didn't exactly know what the rules were.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/what-s-an-analyst-do-on-a-college-football-staff/article_8641f742-c227-5c57-9d0e-22514a089ad3.html

No that wasn't it. Given how the job details are the same, it must be commonplace for the analyst role.

34 minutes ago, SFW said:

Is this more about Walters leaving?

Lubic was not the first choice maybe not even second.

I don’t see how  this changes the offense?

That being said Walters did nothing to impress me.  So this seem like much to do about nothing.  

Hiring Mickey Joseph would have been something.

Mickey Joseph’s rumored to be OC or at least Co-Oc of LSU so I don’t think he was ever a viable candidate, even for he did want to come to Lincoln, which I don’t think he did. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, SFW said:

You're less impressed with the guy who is known as a great recruiter and WR coach with Power 5 OC experience than a guy who's only been a position coach? Not saying Mickey would be a bad hire, but Lubick is at least on par. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, SFW said:

Is this more about Walters leaving?

Lubic was not the first choice maybe not even second.

I don’t see how  this changes the offense?

That being said Walters did nothing to impress me.  So this seem like much to do about nothing.  

Question is...did Walters leave for another job or was he let go. The fact that another job hasn't even had smoke, I would guess SF realized we haven't had good WR play 

I really believe Lubick was his first choice. SF paid him for analysis last season, so he obviously values him and was giving him $

Not sure how it immediately helps offense. I agree with you there. His recruiting record will be an upgrade and as he teaches,  we should see improvement. Again, wasnt awe struck with Walters anyway.

Lubick hire was good.  Only reason why Joseph was remotely "sexy" was because he is former player and LSU had success this year, which is more Joe Brady than anything.  LSU has always had great WR, well before Joseph.  He may be great coach,  but Lubick has proven record. Better hire than Joseph at this point. No one is a bigger "homer" than me, but I am but I am not sure why everytime we have opening, former players get more love than proven commodities. 

• Plus1 2

Whoever would've rather had Mickey Joseph than Lubick needs to have their head examined. MJ soured on Nebraska even before his time on the team was done. Doing wonderful things with WRs at LSU is more of a given than any sign of being an exceptional coach. And his brother Vance is nothing to brag about either. If you don't think Lubick is an immensely better hire, you just don't get it.

• Plus1 7
4 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

You're less impressed with the guy who is known as a great recruiter and WR coach with Power 5 OC experience than a guy who's only been a position coach? Not saying Mickey would be a bad hire, but Lubick is at least on par. 

Mickey is the best possible OC at the moment. Period.   He is the only one that played on Nebraska in our Glory days.  How do you not get this?? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that any Husker from 1980-1997 OBVIOUSLY has greatness in his blood, in his SOUL.  Grant Wistrom was my pick for Receiver Coach, but according to my sources, the knuckleheads at NU never even contacted him! I mean WTF.

Ah...i digress......Mickey has clearly proven his greatness being WR coach for the past 3 years because he had 1 year where his team won the Championship with the best QB season possibly ever recorded, and possibly the most talented receiving group ever, whom im sure he recruited in his 2 seasons prior.  But look....i am from Nebraska, so people will call me biased...smh.

• Haha 4