Kudos to SF

HANC

2 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

What we had was a worse version of Taylor Martinez.  Now Adrian hopefully turns it around, but as far as last year goes there is no denying that he was worse than TMart.  But according to some on here, that is only my opinion cause he is Hispanic or darker than white.  So here come's Antifa, coming to hang the guy who hates whatever Adrian is (btw my worst enemies have all been white)

I agree that Adrian's 2019 performance was perplexingly disappointing given his outstanding 2018 performance as a Freshman.  I was looking for at least an incremental improvement, but instead we got a significant step backwards.  Some of this could be blamed on the O-line and WRs, but not all of it.  I'm hoping it was just his nagging injuries and he's back to 100% this fall.  That said, I too, believe their needs to be an open completion at QB, with a short leash on the winner.  Our 2020 schedule is brutal and if we can't get things together quickly out of the gate it WILL be a very long season with another Christmas at home.  ... and yes...Race, color or creed will have nothing to do with this.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

Looking back, seeing preseason shots of AM and how he bulked up...I did have a thought of "looks more like mass than work...could be slower"....and when all said and done, looked slower 

There's definitely a tipping point with explosive athletes.  I remember Von Miller gaining 20 pounds one offseason and it affected him greatly. Lost the weight again and what made him special returned. 

I think the QB running should be an X factor/change of pace and an ad lib but not a staple.  Getting your guy banged up with 200 carries isn't the best idea in my book. 

• Plus1 2
49 minutes ago, Skeeball said:

I agree that Adrian's 2019 performance was perplexingly disappointing given his outstanding 2018 performance as a Freshman.  I was looking for at least an incremental improvement, but instead we got a significant step backwards.  Some of this could be blamed on the O-line and WRs, but not all of it.  I'm hoping it was just his nagging injuries and he's back to 100% this fall.  That said, I too, believe their needs to be an open completion at QB, with a short leash on the winner.  Our 2020 schedule is brutal and if we can't get things together quickly out of the gate it WILL be a very long season with another Christmas at home.  ... and yes...Race, color or creed will have nothing to do with this.

Thank you for the civil response.  Much better than "your a narcissist cause you believe AM was a bad QB last year." Or "wow".  I mean if AM happened to be Noah Vedral this convo wouldnt happen.  The irony of the situation is i happen to have trust issues with white older males (that is the reason i mentioned it)..for a reason.  So although noone knows this, nor cares, it is quite ironic TO ME when someone claims my beliefs are based on race, when quite the opposite is true. 

15 hours ago, runningblind said:

A buddy of mine brought up Beckton last night.  If the smoke around him were true,  that would free up one more FT spot and Snyder could coach TE and be ST coordinator as well.  He interviewed for that same spot at Texas this week.  That would make me feel excited about the staff moving into 2020.   I am not sold on an analyst covering ST in practice but someone else having to make calls on Saturday.  That is a recipe for mistakes in games in my eyes no matter how good the teaching during the week has been.

Ya if he doesn't get the Texas gig and Beckton bolts I would be good with bringing in Snyder as our TE/ST's guy.

9 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

Mickey is the best possible OC at the moment. Period.   He is the only one that played on Nebraska in our Glory days.

No he's not! Gerry Gdowski is looking for a new job! He was Vanderbilt's OC this past season, and played QB for Nebraska in the same era as Mickey Joseph! :P

2 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

Just as you expect people to respect your right to believe homosexuality is ok, i respect peoples right to believe its not.  If you can not see the hypocrisy in your response than so be it.  I happen to stand for, each side has the right to believe what they believe, if you dont respect one's belief  than how can you expect others to respect your own? Smells like hypocrisy but lets ignore logic.

Something I've often wondered...Why are so many people so afraid of hypocrisy?  Aren't there worse sins?

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

Not sure, but the poster was right that we got off topic.  Kudos to Frost.

For? 

Hiring another OC clone that will probably be as predictable at play calling (if allowed to even call plays)?

I haven't given up on SF yet, but I'm also hoping he prioritizes the Defensive side of the ball sometime soon..(Some of the new recruits were a pleasant surprise, though).

I accidently clicked on one of those slideshow things ''Worst College Football Coaches Of All Time'' today.. 

Spoiler

Only Callihan and Pelini were listed from DONU  No Riley sightings yet

Rich Rodriguez spent three seasons as the head coach for the University of Michigan. The school hired him after he coached the West Virginia Mountaineers to six-straight winning seasons. Bringing a spread-style offense with him, Rodriguez never adjusted his coaching style to his new players. As a result, the Wolverines went 3-8 in his first season.

In his second season, the team saw minor improvements and went 5-7. The next year they went 7-6, but the winning record wasn't enough to keep Rodriguez around, whose relationship with players and administrators had crumbled.

I thought the same thing about Callahan back in the day, but it sort of reminded me of our worst case scenario with some of our current staff...Hopefully we can replace the word ''NEVER'' and our fanbase can stop writing, ''Once he gets his players here".

On 1/18/2020 at 8:52 PM, BigPeterJ said:

What we had was a worse version of Taylor Martinez.  Now Adrian hopefully turns it around, but as far as last year goes there is no denying that he was worse than TMart. 

There is plenty of denying it, because it's not true. 

On 1/18/2020 at 11:24 PM, Archy1221 said:

Just so everyone’s on the same page, a 1 to 1 TD to INT ratio for a QB in any offense is dreadful much less a ball control passing offense like NU’s. 

It is bad, but it is contextually not as bad when you understand that we pretty much never called passing plays in the red zone. 

53 minutes ago, Landlord said:

There is plenty of denying it, because it's not true. 

It is bad, but it is contextually not as bad when you understand that we pretty much never called passing plays in the red zone. 

What are the run vs pass play call

stats by the way?   I’ve not really seen them discussed by area of field, down & distance, tendencies etc.  

I think a majority of fans feel (based on their ow. Eye/gut test I suppose) that Frost threw too often in the red zone when we should of run the dam ball!   Lol.  
Myself, I think the past three coaching staffs hVe generally been unpredictable in the run vs pass department especially in the red zone.   This is both good and bad though   Husker fans think we know football like the experts so we second and third guess even the best strategists.  Lol.  

5 hours ago, HUSKER 37 said:

For? 

Hiring another OC clone that will probably be as predictable at play calling (if allowed to even call plays)?

I haven't given up on SF yet, but I'm also hoping he prioritizes the Defensive side of the ball sometime soon..(Some of the new recruits were a pleasant surprise, though).

I accidently clicked on one of those slideshow things ''Worst College Football Coaches Of All Time'' today.. 

Reveal hidden contents

Only Callihan and Pelini were listed from DONU  No Riley sightings yet

I thought the same thing about Callahan back in the day, but it sort of reminded me of our worst case scenario with some of our current staff...Hopefully we can replace the word ''NEVER'' and our fanbase can stop writing, ''Once he gets his players here".

I don’t think frost walked in to the same talent level rich rod did. I don’t think our scheme matters much with bad players 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

What are the run vs pass play call

stats by the way?   I’ve not really seen them discussed by area of field, down & distance, tendencies etc.  

I think a majority of fans feel (based on their ow. Eye/gut test I suppose) that Frost threw too often in the red zone when we should of run the dam ball!   Lol.  
Myself, I think the past three coaching staffs hVe generally been unpredictable in the run vs pass department especially in the red zone.   This is both good and bad though   Husker fans think we know football like the experts so we second and third guess even the best strategists.  Lol.  

Well I mean

First number is the overall pass play calling so Nebraska was a 60-40 team run-pass. I'd have to look into the red zone specifically. But I don't recall much passing in red zone.

Nebraska 39.39% 35.78% 30.86% 37.53% 41.55% 47.95%

Source

• Plus1 3