The 2020 Attrition Thread

knapplc

8 hours ago, Ziebol said:

Bradley has entered the portal.

Bradley looked good in the spring game when he had room.  Somewhat ordinary when running in traffic.  With a new crop of RBs, his opportunity to see the field were certainly diminishing.  Wish him the best of luck where ever he end's up.

13 hours ago, Skeeball said:

Bradley looked good in the spring game when he had room.  Somewhat ordinary when running in traffic.  With a new crop of RBs, his opportunity to see the field were certainly diminishing.  Wish him the best of luck where ever he end's up.

Yeah, he was fun to watch in the Spring Game. I was hoping that was a snapshot of his upward progress, turned out to be his highlight reel. Hope he finds a fit and gets to produce on the field. Good luck to him.

• Plus1 1

20 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

Sorry meant to say pissed.  Many on here were against transition non contributors out under any circumstance less than a felony charge.  This gives them and us the best situation to succeed.

To be clear, most were not in agreement with the way you phrased how they left. People just expect a certain amount of dignity to the process, that's all.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, knapplc said:

To be clear, most were not in agreement with the way you phrased how they left. People just expect a certain amount of dignity to the process, that's all.

To be clear, there was plenty of dignity as I phrased it.  Non contributors need a helping hand to other opportunities.  I didn’t say bring them in say thanks, scholarship is gone good luck.  I made it clear we should assist in finding them another SCHOLARSHIP opportunity, might not be d1 but they will have a scholarship somewhere.  Pretty straightforward and shouldn’t have been controversial at all.  I’m just glad to see it’s being done finally.

• Plus1 1

I think scholarships should have to be renewed on a yearly basis. If a player lacks value to the team, or has lost the confidence of the coaches, they should be moved off of an athletic scholarship. Perhaps there should be a way for them to continue their education on a non-athletic scholarship, but I hate the idea of a 4+ year "guarantee" for young athletes who may or may not deserve it.

• Fire 1
18 minutes ago, 307husker said:

I think scholarships should have to be renewed on a yearly basis. If a player lacks value to the team, or has lost the confidence of the coaches, they should be moved off of an athletic scholarship. Perhaps there should be a way for them to continue their education on a non-athletic scholarship, but I hate the idea of a 4+ year "guarantee" for young athletes who may or may not deserve it.

The Big Ten wholeheartedly disagrees.