The 2020 Attrition Thread

knapplc

If we've gotta lose a strong prospect, I guess this is one of the 'better' reasons to. Certainly, I think we'd all rather see a kid with mental health issues go home than become the next Bryce Gowdy, the kid who killed himself after signing with Georgia Tech...

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/deerfield-beach/fl-ne-bryce-gowdy-mental-health-20200101-ryf43wlw25e6too3bdce6lt35i-story.html

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, Toe said:

If we've gotta lose a strong prospect, I guess this is one of the 'better' reasons to. Certainly, I think we'd all rather see a kid with mental health issues go home than become the next Bryce Gowdy, the kid who killed himself after signing with Georgia Tech...

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/deerfield-beach/fl-ne-bryce-gowdy-mental-health-20200101-ryf43wlw25e6too3bdce6lt35i-story.html

Agreed, just admitting that you have a mental health issue is tough especially at his age when most think they are bullet proof, I hope he gets the help he needs and finds piece 

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The JD rumors really dont make any sense if its true that he cant graduate in time. Couple that with receivers like betts and manning coming in he could actually move to the slot more instead of having to play on the outside.

That being said if he could graduate by the start of the season i wouldn't blame him for leaving he's one of the best players in the conference and has never been on a good team before.

Its just amazing how people think the 2020 Huskers are going to be BAD and yet at the same time defend Frost and his staff and most of the players as making strides to improve the program and so on.  If these coaches are worth half their pay then this team WILL be better this fall.  I think they will and selling the ‘20 Huskers short will be a mistake.  JD has a chance to be all conference this year.  Why would he want to leave for a possible spot on some other .500 caliber squad for his last year?   A terrible mistake imo.