The 2020 Attrition Thread

knapplc

5 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I like this move for Noah.  It's perfect.  He is gonna make that game one of interest for sure.  Good for him.

Agreed - I know he's talented enough to play, but the portal has been a bit of a crapshoot so you worry about guys ending up down a level. Getting a shot at another P5 school - even as bad as Rutgers - is solid.

It's kind of fun watching former huskers play against us, at least when they left on good terms. AJ Bush comes to mind - super frustrating, but at least we won and it was cool to see him do well.

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

Aren't there like 12 QBs on Rutgers' roster? 

I think they've had some transfer in and out, but they're all terrible. Their 3 QBs last year (at least  2 of whom are gone) combined for 7 TDs and 15 picks last year. 5 TD / 22 INTs the year before.

I'm glad he found a spot and hope he makes the best of it.  I was really hoping he would end up at Wyoming but the Rutgers job may be easier for him to win and gives him a ton of visibility.  If he does well there, who knows maybe he ends up with a shot at the next level.  

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's weird to me that a grad transfer has two years' eligibility left.

It's a lot of work, but Vedral seems like a smart kid who was able to load up on his course work.  If he started at UCF in the spring semester, he's graduating in 3 1/2 years.  If a guy averages 15 credits in the fall and spring semesters and adds 6-12 credits in the summer when they stay on campus for summer workouts, it's pretty easy to get to the necessary credits within 3 1/2 years.  15*7 full semesters=105 credits, and 3 summers of 6-9 credit hours will get to the ~130 credit hours necessary for graduation.

I wasn't an athlete and didn't take classes every summer, but I could have graduated in 3 1/2 years if I pushed myself my 3rd year and first semester of 4th year.  I decided to take on 12 credit hours per semester my 4th year, and had a lot of fun during that year.

The one thing that did surprise me with Vedral is that he was able to graduate so quickly, while transferring from UCF to NU.  That means he must have had most, if not all, of his credits transfer over.

58 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I like the kid and he is smart, but not sure he is a major D1 QB.  Would have been good at SD St.

But he got the opportunity to go to a P5 school and play. He fits the offense and has some sub par qbs to go against. Why would it benefit him to go to SDSU? Does he fit that system better or something? Even so, he has a chance to play right away at P5 and you take that every time with wide open competition. 

People knocked this kid during Spring 2018 and I was included in that boat. Since then, he has put in work and improved his game. He definitely has the talent to be a D1 QB and wants to make the most of it. We will see how well he does. He will be going against a lot of great teams and that has to be way more exciting than one good game, if he went to SDSU, against NDSU every year. 

Also, he may have brought some dual credits from high school to graduate early. That in itself is very impressive while playing a sport. 

• Plus1 4
3 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

But he got the opportunity to go to a P5 school and play. He fits the offense and has some sub par qbs to go against. Why would it benefit him to go to SDSU? Does he fit that system better or something? Even so, he has a chance to play right away at P5 and you take that every time with wide open competition. 

People knocked this kid during Spring 2018 and I was included in that boat. Since then, he has put in work and improved his game. He definitely has the talent to be a D1 QB and wants to make the most of it. We will see how well he does. He will be going against a lot of great teams and that has to be way more exciting than one good game, if he went to SDSU, against NDSU every year. 

Also, he may have brought some dual credits from high school to graduate early. That in itself is very impressive while playing a sport. 

He is good athlete, below avg. qb & very intelligent young man.

5 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

He is good athlete, below avg. qb & very intelligent young man.

He hasn't shown any wow factor that shows we can't lose him. But Noah is a hard worker. In my opinion he is a Husker through and through that didn't finish out because he had a better opportunity. I am grateful he played here and wish him the best.

I hope he proves you wrong and has a decent season. I respect your opinion, but I think he did the right thing to try and revamp a program that has been so bad for a while. And most importantly get to play a lot more minutes.

• Plus1 1