The 2020 Attrition Thread

knapplc

2 minutes ago, skers83 said:

Don't tell Thurston or he'll be dredge jumping again or driving to Lincoln to do a sacrifice. 

I'm starting to side with him we are freaking cursed. Hope things are ok with his family. Seemed like a great kid and good FB player.

• Plus1 3

A complete bummer but it happens. It’s why it’s so important to keep recruiting and to never skip a year at a position because it can so easily go from a loaded depth chart to a fragile one. Fisher is going to make sure to get the numbers and talent, I have no doubt.

My biggest concern here is that this could mean another Miami player leaving but hopefully that doesn’t happen. All the best to Gray.

5 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

Really sucks, but I can't blame him. To be so far away from home in this environment would difficult.

Plus, it sounds like something happened within his family to cause him to want to be closer to home. Either way, can’t blame the kid for wanting to do what’s best for him. 

TIL that there's a Portland State University. He's from Washington, and had offers from Washington, Oregon, and Oregon State out of HS. I assume he wanted to be closer to home, but that's a big step down.

7 hours ago, Toe said:

TIL that there's a Portland State University. He's from Washington, and had offers from Washington, Oregon, and Oregon State out of HS. I assume he wanted to be closer to home, but that's a big step down.

7 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I got NCAA basketball tourney tickets from Portland State University in 2008 when they came to Omaha.  They were super cool to us.

I think Jerry Granville might have coached there recently. 

Yup, you're spot on.  Go Vikings!  That's the Portland State mascot btw lmao.  

Recruiting is definitely a cruel mistress it seems.  If you didn't ball out at the initial school you committed to, it seems like it's really tough to get another crack at the apple.  

6 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Recruiting is definitely a cruel mistress it seems.  If you didn't ball out at the initial school you committed to, it seems like it's really tough to get another crack at the apple. 

Coaches probably prefer to save spots for high school kids vs an unproven college kid who didn't make it at his original school. Plus for a kid like Chase he wanted to be close to home so his options were really limited. Unfortunately might be true for Gray too.

2 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Coaches probably prefer to save spots for high school kids vs an unproven college kid who didn't make it at his original school. Plus for a kid like Chase he wanted to be close to home so his options were really limited. Unfortunately might be true for Gray too.

Yup, very true.