The 2020 Attrition Thread

knapplc

I’m fully aware of that

viruses  aren’t going away anytime soon  and the big10 has set the precedent that they aren’t going to try to play through any issues like this even though there is little to no threat to college age kids. 

There is too much of a risk for incoming high school players. That goes double for junior college kids . The risk for them is the risk Of not playing, which is far too much to ask of a recruit, especially when their buddies are playing for teams in other leagues that are playing on tv every week .  So the prospect moves onto playing for a team in a conference they can count on actually playing. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, Omaha fan said:

I’m fully aware of that

viruses  aren’t going away anytime soon  and the big10 has set the precedent that they aren’t going to try to play through any issues like this even though there is little to no threat to college age kids. 

There is too much of a risk for incoming high school players. That goes double for junior college kids . The risk for them is the risk Of not playing, which is far too much to ask of a recruit, especially when their buddies are playing for teams in other leagues that are playing on tv every week .  So the prospect moves onto playing for a team in a conference they can count on actually playing. 

So the fear is that the BIG will cancel 2 seasons?  

biggest recruiting threat imo is that everyone will be granted an extra year of eligibility and will create a roster log jam. I really think this could impact Sophomores and Juniors the most as they can’t see waiting to go up the depth chart and battling two years of freshman’s and seniors that never leave. 

• Plus1 2

Eligibility is a big issue and could become another civil war between the states as the confederate states ( SEC, ACC, Big 12 ) if they play this fall are not going to be willing to grant extra year / games to their union rivals (Pac, Big, etc). 

Then those independents who may want to play both sides (sing Battle Hymn or Dixie with equal enthusiasm) will secretly vote their own interests depending on local facts.  

As it stands now, the Union will lose this battle if NCAA doesn't change the rules.  The voting #s appear to favor the Rebs.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, krc1995 said:

So the fear is that the BIG will cancel 2 seasons?  

biggest recruiting threat imo is that everyone will be granted an extra year of eligibility and will create a roster log jam. I really think this could impact Sophomores and Juniors the most as they can’t see waiting to go up the depth chart and battling two years of freshman’s and seniors that never leave. 

Yes 

Do you really think this pandemic is about over or that we won’t have another?

The big10 under warren has set the bar pretty low in when it’s calling it quits. And the negative recruiting from other teams will be able to show how poorly prepared the league was to play in the fall.

But thanks to warren, all of our players are now registered to vote , so I’m sure that’s going to help a lot on picking up kids. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Eligibility is a big issue and could become another civil war between the states as the confederate states ( SEC, ACC, Big 12 ) if they play this fall are not going to be willing to grant extra year / games to their union rivals (Pac, Big, etc). 

Then those independents who may want to play both sides (sing Battle Hymn or Dixie with equal enthusiasm) will secretly vote their own interests depending on local facts.  

As it stands now, the Union will lose this battle if NCAA doesn't change the rules.  The voting #s appear to favor the Rebs.  

That’s what I’ve been saying. Alabama and Clemson aren’t going to allow Ohio state to have 105 scholarship players. The big10 teams are going to have minuscule recruiting classes this year and create a big gap in being able to grow old 4-5 years from now 

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, Omaha fan said:

That’s what I’ve been saying. Alabama and Clemson aren’t going to allow Ohio state to have 105 scholarship players. The big10 teams are going to have minuscule recruiting classes this year and create a big gap in being able to grow old 4-5 years from now 

Well, it will piss off most Big Ten & Pac 12 players who sit by idly while the lose a year of eligibility and can't even practice.   All their h.s. buddies are playing on national TV and winning awards and competing for championships and they are sitting at home paying for cable to watch.  lol

I bet the Big Ten coaches’ phones are melting down with angry fans, boosters, players, recruits, etc.  right now.   Serves em right.  Should have spoken up instead of ducking out at crunch time.  lol

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Omaha fan said:

Probably what would actually happen is they would just cut some guys instead of shrinking the current class sizes

Not many teams are going to just wholesale cut players. Ohio state now has the top ranked recruiting class in the country. Which of the 5 and 4 star kids are they going to say no to now? 

several national signing days and neither are going to be after the traditional flu season. 

so what happens in February when the spring season is still up in the air?? Does Ohio state get to keep all their 4-5 star recruits and retain their whole roster if we don’t play In the fall or spring? Or how about if we don’t know? 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Decked said:

Probably what would actually happen is they would just cut some guys instead of shrinking the current class sizes

Big Ten scholarships are NO CUT deals.  Big Ten players are going to lose this year’s eligibility if they don't play at least one game IF NCAA adopts proposed rule amendment for Covid 19 seasons cut short.