The 2020 Attrition Thread

knapplc

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Arguably outperformed Martinez last year. And with Adrian’s durability issues it’s likely he would play this season.

Damn. 

That is false.

Well a lot of things are arguably true if you use terrible arguments. "I know what I saw, he was better!" No offense intended to anyone with that opinion.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
20 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Well a lot of things are arguably true if you use terrible arguments. "I know what I saw, he was better!" No offense intended to anyone with that opinion.

They were both quite terrible at times I just think Vedral with the same preparation would’ve been better. And at some points..he did. 

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Decked said:

They were both quite terrible at times I just think Vedral with the same preparation would’ve been better. And at some points..he did. 

I mean he had a full week of prep leading up to Minnesota and Indiana because the team knew AM wasn't going to go.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Decked said:

If by some points we mean taking a handful of Martinez's bad plays and comparing them with a handful of Vedral's good plays, sure. I don't think that means Vedral was a better QB.

With that being said, it's a shame to see him go - I definitely understand though. The playing time isn't going to be there without multiple injuries, and I suspect he had a larger impact than we'll ever know bringing his knowledge of the offense in with the new staff. We've got a lot of QB talent, he can play somewhere for sure.

Vedral at his best at UNL was a game manager. Martinez at his best is a game breaker. It remains to be seen if Martinez will ever return to form, but even if he doesn't, Vedral was probably going to be behind Luke this year and now also had Smothers in the room. I wish him the best of luck.

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1