The 2020 Attrition Thread

knapplc

13 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

He hasn't shown any wow factor that shows we can't lose him. But Noah is a hard worker. In my opinion he is a Husker through and through that didn't finish out because he had a better opportunity. I am grateful he played here and wish him the best.

I hope he proves you wrong and has a decent season. I respect your opinion, but I think he did the right thing to try and revamp a program that has been so bad for a while. And most importantly get to play a lot more minutes.

I'm not arguing with you.  He is a defiant upgrade for Rutgers, who does not have the same expectations as Nebraska.  In fact, I think SD St. could beat Rutgers.  Since he has graduated, I would believe that he is also doing this for academic reasons. 

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I'm not arguing with you.  He is a defiant upgrade for Rutgers, who does not have the same expectations as Nebraska.  In fact, I think SD St. could beat Rutgers.  Since he has graduated, I would believe that he is also doing this for academic reasons. 

He went there for academics and a chance to play. SDSU might be able to beat Rutgers, but only if SDSU had Noah Vedral. :)

The problem is not Noah but the team around him won't be much help. Add in the fact he will play some great teams in the East and that will probably make for a rough first year. Year 2 could be interesting to see who they bring in. 

2 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

He went there for academics and a chance to play. SDSU might be able to beat Rutgers, but only if SDSU had Noah Vedral. :)

The problem is not Noah but the team around him won't be much help. Add in the fact he will play some great teams in the East and that will probably make for a rough first year. Year 2 could be interesting to see who they bring in. 

New coach, you never know!

Assuming we have football this fall, I think his chances of playing meaningful snaps are about equal between NU and Rutgers, if Frost is being honest and truly giving him a fair shot.  

He knows NU offense extremely well from all reports.  He starts from scratch at Rutgers.  As a grad student he can take his time class wise and focus on football (at either school).   

Not sure what his school plans are so maybe study course choices are better?   NU grad schools are very good as well.  

Maybe he knows coaches or other matters outside football and school in Jersey?   

I wish he would have stayed with Frost but wish him all the best either way!    I will cheer for Rutgers with Noah at QB vs most other teams.  lol. 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Assuming we have football this fall, I think his chances of playing meaningful snaps are about equal between NU and Rutgers, if Frost is being honest and truly giving him a fair shot.  

He knows NU offense extremely well from all reports.  He starts from scratch at Rutgers.  As a grad student he can take his time class wise and focus on football (at either school).   

Not sure what his school plans are so maybe study course choices are better?   NU grad schools are very good as well.  

Maybe he knows coaches or other matters outside football and school in Jersey?   

I wish he would have stayed with Frost but wish him all the best either way!    I will cheer for Rutgers with Noah at QB vs most other teams.  lol. 

These graduate transfers aren't taking the grad school into account when they transfer to that school.  They are looking at playing opportunity, coaching staff, style of offense, and other items.  The graduate coursework is about 50th on the priority for these guys.

8 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Well I suppose that could be but one would hope that school might be a factor for those whose NFL stardom dreams might have faded into reality a tad. 

One would “hope” that, but it’s not a big factor for those grad transfers. Mainly it’s getting an opportunity to play.