The 2020 Attrition Thread

knapplc

On 1/17/2020 at 9:19 PM, Mavric said:

I'm counting us as having 87 as Gifford will be on scholarship in the fall.  So still (at least) two more departures.

Jaylin Bradley seems pretty likely to me.  McQuitty a possibility.  Tony Butler a possibility.  Usually a surprise young guy or two.

Adding on to this, if we fill the last two spots that would be 89.  And Sean Callahan is thinking Luke Reimer is in line for a scholly which would be 90.

So that would be five guys moving on by summer....

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Adding on to this, if we fill the last two spots that would be 89.  And Sean Callahan is thinking Luke Reimer is in line for a scholly which would be 90.

I still thought that because of the blueshirt Gifford doesn't count as a scholarship until the 2021 class. Is that not right?

• Thanks 1
Just now, WyoHusker56 said:

I still thought that because of the blueshirt Gifford doesn't count as a scholarship until the 2021 class. Is that not right?

It was pretty confusing how that came about.  

Usually that's how it works - a guy doesn't enroll in the fall but waits to enroll in January so that he counts against the next class.

But I'm pretty sure Gifford is a semester ahead of that plan.  He is enrolled now and can go through spring ball but won't be put on scholarship until this fall.  

At least that's how I understand it.  I think that's how they got him to take the walk-on offer now.

So I think he still doesn't count against the 25 for this year but will count against the 25 for 2021.  So that part is correct.  But it's still in the context of 85 for this fall.

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

It was pretty confusing how that came about.  

Usually that's how it works - a guy doesn't enroll in the fall but waits to enroll in January so that he counts against the next class.

But I'm pretty sure Gifford is a semester ahead of that plan.  He is enrolled now and can go through spring ball but won't be put on scholarship until this fall.  

At least that's how I understand it.  I think that's how they got him to take the walk-on offer now.

So I think he still doesn't count against the 25 for this year but will count against the 25 for 2021.  So that part is correct.  But it's still in the context of 85 for this fall.

Oh I see, I wasn't understanding a difference between the 25 and 85, but I see your point.

That's super confusing!

23 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, we are down to 3 more needing to move on?

On 1/21/2020 at 10:10 AM, Mavric said:

• Plus1 1