Lubick

51 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Son of former CSU coach Sonny Lubick.  So he likely hates CU football already, which is a plus. 

I bet you’re right. Fun, unrelated fact, we live near Fort Collins, CO and have eaten at Sonny’s steak house a few times. They have some pretty cool memorabilia in there, and you see a lot of anti CU stuff. 

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/csu/football/2019/01/08/matt-lubick-leaves-coaching-oversee-canvas-partnership-colorado-state-university/2513081002/

Matt Lubick, the oldest son of legendary CSU football coach Sonny Lubick, is giving up his college coaching career to come home and work with the new partnership between Canvas Credit Union and the university.

Coaching, he said, left little time for anything else. Typical work days ran from 6 a.m. to midnight, seven days a week, during the season, and even when you did have time off, you were constantly sending text messages, taking phone calls and sending emails.

“It’s always hard to leave coaching and the relationships you’ve had, but, at the same time, this was kind of thought out; this wasn’t a whim,'' he said. "To me, there’s stuff more important than football, and this lets me explore something different.”

That doesn't inspire confidence about his commitment to football, he left coaching in 2019, maybe he found his spark again.

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, PoloWearingBeaver said:

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/csu/football/2019/01/08/matt-lubick-leaves-coaching-oversee-canvas-partnership-colorado-state-university/2513081002/

Matt Lubick, the oldest son of legendary CSU football coach Sonny Lubick, is giving up his college coaching career to come home and work with the new partnership between Canvas Credit Union and the university.

Coaching, he said, left little time for anything else. Typical work days ran from 6 a.m. to midnight, seven days a week, during the season, and even when you did have time off, you were constantly sending text messages, taking phone calls and sending emails.

“It’s always hard to leave coaching and the relationships you’ve had, but, at the same time, this was kind of thought out; this wasn’t a whim,'' he said. "To me, there’s stuff more important than football, and this lets me explore something different.”

That doesn't inspire confidence about his commitment to football, he left coaching in 2019, maybe he found his spark again.

He wasn't working with his good friend Scott Frost in Washington though.  Relationships matter.  It's less of a grind when you enjoy what you are doing and the people and culture of the organization fit what you are looking for.  Plus, it's a lot closer to Fort Collins in Lincoln than Seattle.  I was trying to remember who the Iowa coach was who left to run a pizza parlor?

8 hours ago, ZMagers22 said:

Huge get, and he’s likely to stay for a while. Loved seeing Wan’Dale respond to this in a positive way too. 

I hope he's happy because we haven't gotten much out of these flankers and hopefully this guy can put together a plan that will stretch the field without being obvious where we're going every play. We have some receivers coming in who will have to be accounted for downfield which will leave running room for slants and screens underneath.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

He wasn't working with his good friend Scott Frost in Washington though.  Relationships matter.  It's less of a grind when you enjoy what you are doing and the people and culture of the organization fit what you are looking for.  Plus, it's a lot closer to Fort Collins in Lincoln than Seattle.  I was trying to remember who the Iowa coach was who left to run a pizza parlor?

Yep...Chins was also apart of that Oregon staff as the OLB coach.  This is definitely about relationships and location.