Lubick

29 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

So wait you dont think that if you were close friends with your boss you would feel free to be more honest with them? 

do think that. If I'm working for someone I doon't have connection to, if it's just a job, I'm much more worried about staying in line and noot upsetting my superiors. When I have relationship with them I feel much more emboldened to disagree.

You can't please everyone.  If we would of hired Mickey Joseph there would of been people saying well he's a Nebraska alum why don't they hire outside the family!    M.J has no O.C. experience we are power 5 we shouldn't be in the business of training coordinators!  It goes on and on.   Fact is nobody is perfect.  I would of been fine with Joseph, Lubick,Helfrich etc etc.   I look at the positives and let time take care of the rest... Good,bad, indifferent ,meh,solid.   Who knows.   I will say this.  Management likes employees that don't cause problems!  If you know the guy there is some safety & comfort level in that Frost knows Lubick isn't going to be a loose cannon.  I am not in anyway referring to Walters either.   Now Eichort/Riley/Pelini  I would be. 

• Plus1 1
On 1/21/2020 at 7:27 AM, Hedley Lamarr said:

Considering Frost used him as a consultant last season to try to help him figure out what to do and pay him 70k in the process...I am going to assume he is capable of providing valuable feedback to Frost. 

I did not know this. But is it possible that Frost does things like that to indicate his interest (get his foot in the door) for people that he knows he may want on his staff in the future? Or to fire a warning shot across the bow of his current assistant(s)? If so, that would be some Next Level Stuff.

9 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

I did not know this. But is it possible that Frost does things like that to indicate his interest (get his foot in the door) for people that he knows he may want on his staff in the future? Or to fire a warning shot across the bow of his current assistant(s)? If so, that would be some Next Level Stuff.

Well....yes, especially when that person isn’t currently coaching. Frost obviously was impressed with his input. So....wanted him on the staff full time. 

it’s possible also, that Walters didn’t embrace the input. (That’s totally a thought thrown out there without any facts pointing in that direction other than he replaced Walters. )

• 2 weeks later...

Lubick will make $500,000 in his new role as Nebraska's offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach, taking over the position previously held by Troy Walters. Nebraska had been paying Walters $700,000 a year.

It's a two-year contract and a financial climb from the $475,000 that Lubick was making in his last post at Washington in 2018, before spending a year more distant from the game.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

If we see a big jump in offensive production and WR play, I expect him to get a big bump fairly quickly.

That's what I was telling my dad. I feel like we got him at a lower salary since he was out of coaching for a year

• Plus1 1
On 1/22/2020 at 9:01 AM, 84HuskerLaw said:

I don’t buy that he fired him as such beyond that he may have be tired of Walters’ constantly looking for greener pastures.  We don’t really know the true reason if it was a not so mutual parting do we?  

I know this comment is two weeks old but I just had to comment: Walters definitely got fired. He was making $700,000 a year. 

3 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

why was he fired then?   Did he not know the offense?   Did he not know the WR position?  He was a pro WR and a top college player?  He’d been with Frost for successful seasons too I believe?

He wasn't performing to the standards which Frost was expecting.  I don't know why you have to ask all of these questions.

• Plus1 2