Lubick

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

He wasn't performing to the standards which Frost was expecting.  I don't know why you have to ask all of these questions.

Call me curious i guess.  This is a discussion board and compared to all the seemingly wild speculation often had by so many I’m looking for rational reasons for things that are happening.  Presumably Frost has his reasons but when so many question so many points offered by coaches players fans commentators etc, i like to try to understand the changes being made.  Sometimes change is good.  Perhaps Walters wasnt happy ?  i have been a Husker die hard for half a century.   I plan to remain such for the rest of my life - however long I have left.  Seeing the positives helps me keep my outlook optimistic and hopeful.  

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

why was he fired then?   Did he not know the offense?   Did he not know the WR position?  He was a pro WR and a top college player?  He’d been with Frost for successful seasons too I believe?

Our WR production was lacking, save for JD. JD (and Morgan in 2018) were great before Walters was hired. Frost mentioned in his pressers that part of our offense’s problem was that we needed to get receivers in the right spots for Martinez. It seems he wasn’t able to develop any WRs at the B1G level, honestly. I really doubt that Frost let him go because he “has one foot out the door” looking for head coaching jobs. I think it would be more likely that he was encouraged to find another job before we found and hired his replacement.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Matt Lubick's Bringing Something Needed to Nebraska
By Derek PetersonMarch 1, 2020  www.hailvarsity.com 

A sabbatical. By definition a period away with a defined start point and a defined end point. Matt Lubick has said since his arrival in Lincoln his time in Colorado was just a break from the coaching world that has consumed his life for a quarter-century.

Lubick is not the kind of coach who sleeps in his office during the season, but he does burn the candle at both ends. Nate Costa knows that well. Costa played quarterback for the Oregon Ducks when Husker head coach Scott Frost was coaching the wide receivers, and then became a graduate assistant working directly with Lubick from 2013-15 when Frost moved to offensive coordinator and Lubick took over the wideout room.

“He is the type of guy who will grind himself down,” Costa said. “He doesn’t have a wife, he doesn’t have any kids yet, his focus is football. That’s what he likes to do. He likes to coach football, he likes to exercise and he likes to eat right. Those are his loves in life right now.”  LINK

===================================================  

Anyone know whether he'll be calling plays?  I would think so.  :shrug:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Seems to me unlikely Frost is going to give up play calling as I think that is Frost’s purpose and motivation as a coach and leader.  I dont see Frost as a CEO type - hes a hands on active participant in the offense.  I just dont think Frost is the stand back & observe type personality.  Id be more likely to see Frost in pads at practice than a coat and tie at a fund raiser elbow rubber.  

He needs to get really zeroed in at games to be in the zone calling the plays. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1