Caustic Culture

3 hours ago, Nvested said:

In season, I heard Tyrin Ferguson was going around with a petition to shorten or lighten up practices. Came from a place with pretty decent credibility as a former player and within pretty short time he was no longer with the team. This doesn’t surprise me to hear something similar.

Did he start a change.org post on Facebook?  Those seem very effective.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BackNBlack said:

I know the new era hasn't been as swift a turn around as we wanted, but I've heard that the culture in the locker room continues to be something that might shock a lot of fans. "Leaders" calling for mutinies during cold practices, "leaders" partying too much, "leaders" spending too much time with the dopey smoke. I'll admit, after last year I wanted to pull the trigger on SF and Co. But after hearing what I have, from a credible source, I'm willing to give this staff as much time as they need to clean house. It may be a long haul...

Thoughts?

On a positive note, Ozigbo apparently had a peace pipe attached to his hand during the Riley years. Once Frost came in, changed his attitude and focus and we saw how his senior season turned around for him.

14 hours ago, Nvested said:

In season, I heard Tyrin Ferguson was going around with a petition to shorten or lighten up practices. Came from a place with pretty decent credibility as a former player and within pretty short time he was no longer with the team. This doesn’t surprise me to hear something similar.

Well, to Tyrin's credit he probably needed to go see a house or meet with a contractor to talk about sink options in a kitchen.

20 hours ago, Undone said:

Every time the word "culture" is mentioned, take a shot.

Maybe the team should start an internal organization...or even a club, dare say, to address this.

I mean, it's time these kids should hold each other accountable and start by asking "do you really want to hurt me"? And each mister, man...I bet they would move away like a runaway train and say "yeah, I'll tumble for ya." And when that happens, our karma, chameleon-like, would change instantly. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Maybe the team should start an internal organization...or even a club, dare say, to address this.

I mean, it's time these kids should hold each other accountable and start by asking "do you really want to hurt me"? And each mister, man...I bet they would move away like a runaway train and say "yeah, I'll tumble for ya." And when that happens, our karma, chameleon-like, would change instantly. 

The change would be easy if their favorite colors were like my dreams; red, gold, and green.

• Haha 2
On 1/20/2020 at 4:27 PM, BackInTheDay said:

QUESTION:  Why do college football teams have "19 and 20 year old kids" and the Armed Services have "19 and 20 year old MEN"?

ANSWER:  It's a matter of expectations.

The army still has 18 and 19 year old kids.  Insisting otherwise doesn’t make it so.