Bo to LSU?

TGHusker

4 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

I’m still in awe of the husker fan base that is in love with blo.  Talk about battered wife syndrome.  I know Riley shoulders much of the blame for current state but pelini did as much if not more to damage the program and fan base that any coach over the past 20 yrs.

One thing  - He got too many comfortable with being 'average'.  Win 9 games against the weaker teams  and live with mid level bowl games and being the bunching bag for the great teams. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I believe this picture is from that game. The girl in the background looks so shocked. It's one of my favorite Bo pictures.

0ZdSFAR.jpg

Yea, the guy to the very right behind Bo looked pretty wide eyed as well    The girl's expression and hand gesture tells the story. The players look away like 'here he goes again'  - ignore.   Something we saw too often at NU.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

One thing  - He got too many comfortable with being 'average'.  Win 9 games against the weaker teams  and live with mid level bowl games and being the bunching bag for the great teams. 

He didn’t get comfortable with it it’s who he is, average.  Mr “I can recruit from my car”......yes his quote after taking the YSU job.  Any shred of respect or well wishes I had for him went out the door when he took a flamethrower to what was left of the program he ruined on his way out.

2 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

He didn’t get comfortable with it it’s who he is, average.  Mr “I can recruit from my car”......yes his quote after taking the YSU job.  Any shred of respect or well wishes I had for him went out the door when he took a flamethrower to what was left of the program he ruined on his way out.

I didn't say he got comfortable  - I said he got "many" comfortable  --- too many NU fans accepted it as the new normal. 

• Fire 1

There are valid reasons to dislike Bo and I’m glad he isn’t a HC at Nebraska anymore, but he has been right about everything in regard to Nebraska program since he left. I’d love for him to return as a DC. 

If it weren’t for his temperament that rubbed people wrong (must not like Saban either) and leaked audios (those individuals did more damage to the university than Bo ever caused), the people jumping to trash him wouldn’t hold their opinions. My issue with him is lack of recruiting and hiring buddies. Right now, SF does one those things better and is on par with the latter. 

It wasn’t a good look and there was collateral damage after taking out his emotions on Eichorst and Perlman. You can measure wins/losses, but can’t measure how bad SE and HP dooked all over the football program. 

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, N is for nowledge said:

To each their own, I don’t know why any team would want an cancerous, ego driven, narcissistic, maniac that refuses to recruit....to the point he’s a liability.  There are dcs that are just as good that don’t come with that kind of baggage.  Bo is coaching at a level he’s suited for now and he’s barely holding onto that.  

I'm still a little confused if you like Bo or not.  Maybe 3 more posts saying that will clear things up. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

And then there's the whole "booster's daughter" saga:

Carl married that booster's daughter.

She is a former Miss Nebraska (2008). Andrea Stine, from Elkhorn.

They applied for their marriage license in Saunders Co in 2014.

Here's the two of them together.

Carl didn’t just marry a booster’s daughter. He had an affair with a mega booster’s daughter in law (who had kids with the booster’s son) and basically the booster told NU either Carl goes or my $$$ goes.

• Plus1 1

Well you know how these things work. Chances are he's already signed his contract and apart of the staff. But it won't get announced that he's a part of the staff until days later after "This guy is a strong candidate for the job" articles come out. I'd say it was already a done deal at least a few days ago and some time within the next few days poof* "Bo's the new LSU DC" article will come out. 

1 hour ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Yep, he was excellent in Baton Rouge earlier.  He would have access to greater talent and I do believe players like him, emotional warts and all.  I think he would do well again as DC.

Bo is excellent, until he’s not. Then he’s the titanic. He wasn’t in Baton Rouge long and he was only an assistant to boot. 

52 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

There are valid reasons to dislike Bo and I’m glad he isn’t a HC at Nebraska anymore, but he has been right about everything in regard to Nebraska program since he left. I’d love for him to return as a DC. 

If it weren’t for his temperament that rubbed people wrong (must not like Saban either) and leaked audios (those individuals did more damage to the university than Bo ever caused), the people jumping to trash him wouldn’t hold their opinions. My issue with him is lack of recruiting and hiring buddies. Right now, SF does one those things better and is on par with the latter. 

It wasn’t a good look and there was collateral damage after taking out his emotions on Eichorst and Perlman. You can measure wins/losses, but can’t measure how bad SE and HP dooked all over the football program. 

That day will never come, however, hypothetically it would mark my last involvement in the program at any level until he was gone.  I wouldn’t be alone.  It would also mark the return of defensive breakdowns of epic proportions.  It would also mark a return of road trips with his cronies to recruits homes who choose to go elsewhere or possibly try MLB.  Throwing beer bottles and doing circles in the families front yard.  Yep those were the days.....I really don’t know why he doesn't have a power five HC gig yet.

2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Hate grammar. Explain to me why it’s not Carl Jr’s? Unless Carl is the name of a big hamburger restaurant and the Jr’s are miniature versions?  Ruth’s Chris is also odd.   

Carl owned earlier restaurants that were successful.  Then he opened smaller versions of them, naming them Carl's Jr. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1